Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1Ontario23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Limitations for Judgement Registration
    We have a judgement registered against us for non payment of rent from 1993. After going to court for the eviction, the landlord registered the judgement against us in September 1993. We have not been able to repay. The ex-landlord has renewed the judgement on every expiry, and is now, after 15 years, trying to pursue payment through the court once again. Is there a Limitations Act in Ontario, Canada, for this? We still can't pay the landlord back and have nothing pending that would enable us to do this. The interest keeps accumulating and the legal costs are added to the debt making it worse.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2008, 06:53 AM

Judgements can be renewed, sometimes indefinitely.

Have you tried offering a settlement or payment plan?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 07:11 AM

No, sounds like landlord has done everything he can according to the local law. Sounds like after 15 years someone could have been paying 10 dollars a month or something and working out a payment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of Limitations on a Judgement? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been recently contacted by a collections agency regarding a loan and credit card debt which I had not paid. The debt was for 15,397 total and a judgement was passed in 2000. I have heard nothing from the creditors or any collections agency until now and I am under the impression that the...

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

Registration no. [ 1 Answers ]

Good Mornig Sir/ Madaam, I am a jobseeker and already registered in European work office through job-ineurope.net my problem is thatI forgot my registration no. and I think I.ve deleted some files in my inbox and the number is required to be filled in the application for work permit

Month Registration sticker doen't match DMV registration date [ 1 Answers ]

So, My husband was driving our almost dead car today and got pulled over. The officer ticketed him because the Month registration sticker on the license plate doesn't match the registration month at the DMV. I had noticed this before but hadn't thought much of it, but now the police think we...

View more questions Search