Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astatulalady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Raised pitchers mound
    Why is the pitchers mound raised
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Oct 30, 2008, 06:52 AM

Because baseball pitchers go over the top (their arms are up high and come DOWN to deliver the pitch to the batter) it also gives them leverage as they step forward, they take a big stride so it helps give them balance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Raised tub for dog wash [ 5 Answers ]

I am attempting to build a raised tub to use as a dog wash in my laundry room. I would like the tub bottom to be about 24" off the floor so that I can easily wash my dog and not have to bend over. So far I have constructed a frame from 2x4s that is 24" high for the tub to sit on, do I have to put...

Raised rent [ 1 Answers ]

Landlord raised my rent before lease was up.in my lease there is a provision that says they can charge for water sometime in the future if they want.recieved letter saying they would charge for water and would soon get a monthly bill for water,then another letter saying they changed their mind and...

Dirt mound an Eye soar! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello you, I recently baught a new home that was inspected prior to me purchasing. During the first 8 monthsof living in the home I noticed some drainage problems. To get to the point I had to replace 80 feet of sewer pipe to the main(street). After all the work was completed I was left with a...

Lease is being raised WAY TOO MUCH [ 20 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been living in his apartment complex in Texas for a year now.The people that had the complex when he got here were always helpful and very nice. Recently they got bought out by Harbor Groups. When my boyfriend asked the Manager for some help since they want to raise his rent by...

Big mound of dirt [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a house with a enormous mound of dirt in the back yard. It is so big that are dog keeps jumping over the fence. What is the best way of removing this dirt? We have already removed 6 wheelbarrow full of dirt and re-alocated it throughout the garden. My husband says it would take...

View more questions Search