Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frustratedmower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Can't keep mower running
    :confused: :confused: I have a murry(briggs and stratton) walk behind lawn mower 5.0 HP and am having trouble keeping the thing running. I start it up and it stalls after about a minute of mowing. I tried starting it on a flat concrete surface and it ran for a minute or two then stalled again. How can I get it to run without stalling? Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Jun 9, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Clean air filter clean lines start cleaning
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2006, 03:13 PM
    Try it without the gas cap and see if it has any effect.
    v-star Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Maybe two thing you can check if the carb is separate from the gas tank there should be a bowl on the carb for the float on bottom looks like a brass nut with a spring and a screw in it take the brass nut off. And clean the holes out in the what looks like a needle holes are on the side, they could be plugged, be careful of the gas, try not to move screw float adjustment, second I have heard of the coil breaking down and no spark until it cools down,check spark when quits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower won't stay running [ 3 Answers ]

Mower starts but dies in 2 secs. With the air cleaner off I can keep it running by choking it with my hand. Newer briggs 6 hp. Any thoughts please!

Mower won't stay running [ 2 Answers ]

My mother inlaw has a JD riding mower that's about 8 yrs old and has been in the weather for about the last 6 mnths, and it won't stay running unless I put the booster cables on it and jump it from my truck. It will run as long as they are hooked up but the moment I disconnect them it dies.Is this...

Am I running? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, Some of you might know my story, most probably don't. Anyway I have just broken up with my very beautiful girflriend of 7 years and am coming to grips with facing this big wild world or being a man alone for the first time. Am having a tough time dealing with it but with the advice...

Fan outside not running [ 3 Answers ]

I bought this house two years ago and never had a problem until yesterday that I turned the air conditioning on and only got fresh air not cool and the thermostad won't come lower than 75 degrees, when I checked the fan outside it was not working. The furnace turns on. What should I check to see if...

What about running... [ 2 Answers ]

... ABS sewer pipe through or under a foundation? Any problems other than the work involved? What is the best way to seal the pipe if it goes through the foundation. Found some concrete compatible caulk at Home Depot... any good for this?

View more questions Search