Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlr08 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Oct 29, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Should I dispute cell phone charges?
    So I went on a cruise with my parents in September. My husband didn't go so I wanted to check in w/ him periodically (my 4 year wanted to talk to "Daddy" as she missed him terribly) and I used my cellphone since the phone in the room charged $6.95 per minute! I figured I'd pay more for roaming charges but I got my bill today and it is $700 for 47 minutes of roaming charges. I have Cingular.

My parents have Verizon and they used their phone WAY more than I did and their roaming charges came to $150. That seems reasonable, $700 does not.

At first I thought the ship itself was charging for using their sateillite or something but if that's the case why was my parent's bill so much less?

I also need to upgrade my phone because I dropped it awhile back and the antenna is broken. Do you think I should try to dispute this bill or just suck it up and pay it? I don't have any experience negiotiating a cell phone bill so I don't know if they'd be willing to work w/ me (especially if I upgrade) or not.

The bill is really way more than I can afford (my bill is usually $50) but I can put it on a credit card if I need to.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 07:05 PM

Always try to dispute and/or work out a deal, worst case, you are back to owing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

Dispute charges on cell phone bill [ 3 Answers ]

Have t mobile family plan with 2 lines. One line is my 13 year old son. He made several internationa calls thinking it was free long distance and after 9 p.m. The bill was close to $500.00. I told them I wanted to dispute the bill since he is underaged. They told me I couldn't dispute it...

How do you dispute eroneous contractor charges [ 10 Answers ]

A good friend recently contracted with "a major home improvement retailer" to install her vinyl kitchen flooring. I was present when the sub-contractor arrived on the job and he explained that the floor needed repair before he could start the job. One section of subflooring had to be removed and...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

View more questions Search