Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladysaw_01107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2006, 07:15 PM
    My boyfriend violation of probation
    :confused: hello every one please anyone that knows about this mater please reply to me!my boyfriend was given probation with a 5 year cap,he was given additional programs to participate on while on probation like a long term out patient also he was ordered to get a job.which he did,due to the long hours he worked he missed a few classes,and the program kicked him out.after he clearly explain to his counselor about his hours at work they told him not to worry that they were going to work with him.;now probation violated him and am confused!does that means he has to serve the 5 years?can they give him additional extended probation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2006, 08:15 PM
    It means that he is or will be locked up soon pending a new court hearing.
    ( the we get tough to teach you bad criminal a lesson )

He will go before the judge who will look at what he had done, what he violated and hopefully at what the counseler had to say ( but don't count on it) he will get to explain to the judge what happened and what a bad boy he was. Tell the judge he was sorry and he will be sure to tell the boss he can not work those hours because he has court counselling to go to.
    ( which is what he needed to have done, talk to the boss and make the meetings)

If he is lucky and the judge is in a good mood, he may merely put him on stricter probation, put him back on probation just like before for a second chance, or he can just lock him up for the remainder of the 5 years minus any time he was on probation. If he had 5 years probation, and served one year of probation already, he would serve 4 years in prison.

So at this point it is all up to the judge. ( if I was a betting man, I would say second chance at probation but it is really up to that judge)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2006, 03:48 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with your previous answer... it's very good.
    It's really up to the Judge. Your boyfriend might even ask someone at work to come with him to the hearing, if allowed, for a good personal reference, as to his good work qualities.
    Best of luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 9, 2006, 06:41 AM
    It may also help your boyfriend if he were to take in time cards or time sheets, anything his job has that will prove that he was, indeed, at work during the time that he was supposed to be in class.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2006, 01:09 PM
    Hello lady:

There will be a revocation hearing before the judge where your boyfriend can explain. He could even hire an attorney. The judge might buy his explanation and put him back on probation, or he could put him in the slam for up to 5 years.

If your boyfriend slides this time. Tell him to read his terms of probation, and to absolutely make sure that he adheres to them. If they say meetings, they MEAN meetings.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation penalty [ 12 Answers ]

I have a friend who has one month left on probation. Probation has violated them for a minor incident that happens six months ago. I understand they can violate the individual but my question is what is the steepest penalty they can face at this time? Also, please be advised their fines are paid...

Probation Violation Time Limits [ 7 Answers ]

I need everyone's advice. I was on probation for three years in the state of Virginia for a DUI related incident from May 2002 to May 2005. I violated my probation, but my probation officer never found out as it occurred in another state. Virginia (DMV) has now found out about it. (in July...

Violation of probation? [ 18 Answers ]

I am on probation right now for possession charges in New Jersey. I have 5 months left, and am currently in college out of state. Last weekend I received a DUI (at college) but the hearing will not be until next spring, after my probation period has ended. Will my PO find out about this?...

Probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

I got 18 monthes on probation in October 2005 in may of 2006 I got a owi I onley had eleven monthes of probation left. An I told my po in 48 houers an asked if there was any thing I can do to not be violated an she said she was going to talk to her boss an told me to call her back an I called her...

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

I've been on probation sense October 2005 in may 2005 I was arrested for owi I asked my po if there was any thing I could do to not be violated she said she was going to talk to her boss an to call her back she said I was not going to be violated as long as I went to drug an alcohole classes an I...

View more questions Search