Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THOBBS1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Treadmill impact reduction and calorie counter on treadmill
    I was wondering what the best % to set your treadmill on concerning impact reduction.
    I was also wanting to know a question about the calorie counter on treadmill. I was told that the number of calorie that are shown that you burn during a workout on a treadmill were not accurate number of calorie burned. Is the true and if so how do you figure out how many calories you actually burned?
    Thobbs1
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Not an expert in this area, just giving an opinion... others will correct if I'm wrong...

My wife is a runner. She's always stated that she thought setting the treadmill to the first incline setting above flat was best for minimizing impact. I cannot tell you if this is true or a widely help opinion... its my wife's opinion.

As for calories, the problem is it depends on many things, including your weight... if you Yahoo or Google "calories burned and exercise" you'll see that usually if it's a flat cal/hour number, its for a particular weight... some charts will have more than one weight listed...

While no cal. calculator is going to be perfect, you can look up "calorie calculator exercise" and enter the speed at which you run, the time, your weight, and get an approximate answer perhaps better suited for your specific body, even if it doesn't pefectly match what your metabolism and workout burn.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 08:58 AM
    For ex

Cool Running :: Calorie calculator

Here, a 200lb person running 1 mile burns 158 cal, while a 150lb person burns 119 in the same distance...

Unfortunately, the inaccuracy of such calculators can be seen just using another site...

Here at
    http://www.runtheplanet.com/resource...riecounter.asp

A 200lb person running a mile is cited as burning 131 calories, the 150lb person burning 98 cal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treadmill electricity [ 4 Answers ]

I have a nordic track treadmill 3000. They told me, at first, I needed a 20 amp wall outlet. Now they tell me I need to run a 330v line to the treadmill. Does anyone know if that is necessary? Is there anything else I can do? Thanks

Treadmill shorting out [ 1 Answers ]

We just purchased a treadmill approx 6 months ago. For the first 3 months it worked fine. Now when you turn it on it goes for approx 1 second then turns off. It makes a buzzing sound then stops. Is there some kind of circuit breaker built into them.

How to fix treadmill ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have proform 350 treadmill (used) for the past 3 months. Everything was working perfectly fine until yesterday the belt start slipping.It works fine, if I don't stand on it.Sooner I step on it, it start having that jerk motion. My weight is under 200lbs. So I know weight is not the problem. Can...

Treadmill kittens [ 3 Answers ]

This is really cute :) YouTube - Treadmill Kittens

View more questions Search