Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aatzaz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 03:29 AM
    Event id 4226
    Well I know that windows xp professional services pack2 is not sporting more then 10 users connect at the same time. I am using windows xp professional in a small more then 35 user organization as a server but a 11 person is trying to acess he can not acess it. Can any body please help me where I download a patch that can be support more then 40 users . Because if I am going to change the operating system of server I have to change hole organization structure.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 29, 2008, 03:39 AM
    Well for starters you have answered you own question.
    Also why are you even thinking about using a DESKTOP operating system as a server for this number of users.
    As a minimum you should be using a SERVER OS such as 2000 or 2003.
    This would completely alleviate your current issue and introduce some much needed security.

You could even consider using linux, such as Ubuntu for your server needs.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Oct 31, 2008, 07:51 AM

Also, Microsoft Small Business Server would be a good fit. It has a 100 user limitation but I that is more than enough and it is less expensive than the Server Standard or Enterprise versions.

Also, at a reduce rate, you can get the MS Exchange and MS ISA server options with SBS to add a corporate email server and Internet Proxy to the mix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need cause of repeated event [ 6 Answers ]

I travel often for month to six weeks at time, and when I return I find that my kitchen sink has flooded with some sludgy water at some point while I was away. This has happened a few times sometime one basin other times the opposite one and even both. I have had maintenance guys in to take care of...

Event ID 41 and 42 [ 6 Answers ]

I keep seeing the following two errors in Event Viewer: Event Type: Warning Event Sources: WinMgmt Event Category: None Event ID 41 Description: WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 4178 for Performance Library ASP.NET because no value was found in the 009 subkey

Event promoting [ 2 Answers ]

Do give the details of my event to the nightclub owner before the club is booked??

Event Electrician looking for more [ 5 Answers ]

Hello pro electricians, I am an Event Electrician who works in the NY and Las Vegas areas for special events, concerts, festivals, etc etc. I am not associated with any union, and I freelance for work. I did attend college for Theatrical Lighting Design, and act very often as a Master...

Your thoughts on this event? [ 21 Answers ]

Tuesday night, I went to invite my 15yo daughter to rent a video or two and found her asleep. I returned to the living room as I was very tired due to short night Monday. I was set up to sleep on the futon/bed in the living room as it is cooler there and fell asleep around 8:30pm. Some time after...

View more questions Search