Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennamafers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 12:37 AM
    Wondering what to do.
    My son's father has residential custody of my 3 year old son. He is being shipped off to Irag. He tells me tonight about it and tell me he is leaving my son with a friend of his. I am just wondering if I am the mother don't I get the right to say where my son goes!! Don't I have the right to have temperay custody?? What can I do?? Somebody help!! :eek:
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 06:36 AM

What does the custody order say? Do you have joint legal custody? These things make a rather large difference in the case.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Oct 29, 2008, 06:42 AM

It also makes a difference why he has physical custody. Was it by agreement or did something happen and a Judge ordered him to take physical custody?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2008, 06:46 AM
    There is another thread here with a similar situation that refers to military law specifying the child should go to the legal mother in this case.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...aq-272690.html

But the terms of the custody agreement do have a bearing here. I suggest you get an attorney and file for temporary custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering about my dog [ 16 Answers ]

I adopted a chihuahua/spaniel 3 months old brough it home on Thursday on Saturday took it to the vet for a health checkup also notice that she did not want to eat and was just laying there it turn out that she had parvo full blown :(took her back to the shelter now I don't know if its safe to bring...

I was wondering [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between a plain cup cake and a muffin ?

I was wondering. [ 2 Answers ]

If you know that a house was abandoned, and you pay the back taxes on the house, do that make you the legal owner?

View more questions Search