Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Regsmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Lennox thermostat replacement with Honeywell-wiring
    I am trying to replace a heat pump thermostat. It was a Lennox Thermostat and I am replacing with a Honeywell R TH3100C. The letter wiring designations do not match up. On the Lennox I had R, V, F, M, L, A, Y, X the E (did not have any wiring hooked to it). My options on the Honeywell is E, AUX, Y, G, O, L, R, B, and C. I need help as I am very confused. Thanks for your quick response Mom of three kids. :)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Regsmom View Post
    I am trying to replace a heat pump thermostat. It was a Lennox Thermostat and I am replacing with a Honeywell R TH3100C. The letter wiring designations do not match up. On the Lennox I had R, V, F, M, L, A, Y, X the E (did not have any wiring hooked to it). My options on the Honeywell is E, AUX, Y, G, O, L, R, B, and C. I need help as I am very confused. Thanks for your quick response Mom of three kids. :)

Lennox and others wiring change over doc.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf heat pump wiring.pdf (13.3 KB, 1788 views)
    rassman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 07:45 PM
    What about the A (Orange) Wire, where would it go on the Honeywell RTH8500?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Lennox Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox T90H110A137 Thermostat with the following terminal letters and wire colors: G - blue wire F - red wire C - green wire H - yellow wire V - white wire I want to install a Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat. According to the RTH6300B Installation guide, it tells me to ignore wire...

Connect Honeywell Thermostat in place of old Lennox [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox thermostat 67K4801 with numbers > and 3AAT89B38G1. > (Y1 G. O. R. L. T. C. W1. E.) I just purchased a Honeywell Programmabel to replace the old Lennox. The wiring instruction booklet shows all alternate wiring combination, except how to connect the T terminal. Please help! ...

Lennox to honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to replace a lennox therostat with a honeywell - the heat is working but the air is NOT When I wired the new thermostat the wire marked with w1 and o from the lennox did not match up - the instructions showed the wires both going to the same place - I hooked up the w1 and taped off the...

Lennox thermostat with Honeywell RTH7400 [ 1 Answers ]

Replaceing Lennox thermostat with Honeywell RTH7400 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------IF I CONNECT THE O THEN WHERE WILL THE W1...

Wiring a replacement Honeywell Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Honeywell Vision 5-1-1 Day programmable thermostat to replace a Lennox thermostat (51H4301). This is an all electric heat pump type unit (Lennox HP 21-511-5P). According to the Honeywell manual, if the old thermostat has wires W1, Y1 and W2, some system modification is required. Call...

View more questions Search