Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stingkee Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Employment card
    My friend got married on June 2,2008, but their papers was filed by their atty. On sept. 29 of this year. She got a letter with her alien no. on it, and now she's waiting for her employment card to get her social security no. so its been a month and she wants to know how long does it really take for her employment card to be process, because she's planning to go to school on dec of this year.can you guys tell me how much long does she needs to wait so she won't be late for her school. Is there any way that can make the processing time shorter.thank you and please help my friend. :)
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 08:31 PM

She will receiver a notice to schedule for fingerprints and about 2-3 weeks after that, employment authorization card would be send in the mail. It should take between 60-90 days. Once she gets the card, then she can contact Social Security Office to get SSN.

To pay tuition fee at resident rate, she must be a green card holder for at least one year. So no need to wait..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment authorization card [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody with a valid employment authorization card can work within the validity of the card even though his adjustment of status was denied and been asked to re-apply for it ?

Employment Auth Card [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I recently got married to a non-US citizen. As I am a US Citizen, I know in order for my wife to begin working, she needs an EAC (employment auth card). 1) Is it necessary to get one? 2) If so, how do I go about it? Please advise. Thanks. -Rakesh

EAD (employment authorization card) [ 1 Answers ]

HI, Please I need help My EAD(employment authorization document) is going to expire in 20 days I have been waiting for the new card for almost 90 days. I made an appointmen to obtain an INTERIM EAD. However, I can't find anywhere the answer to this question: How long do they take in order to...

Regarding employment [ 1 Answers ]

HI , My name is padma. I have worked previously for a pharmacy in U.S.A as an intern . I am yet to atke exams to be a registered pharmacist. I had come back to INDIA due to health problems. My H-1 was valid only till sep. of last year. The particular pharmacy was overtaken by other...

Green card through employment [ 3 Answers ]

I arrived in the USA 3 years ago. I got in the country legal. I started working in a gas station as a casheir, now I'm the main manager. The owner trust me and I do everything for him, he travels a lot and I do all work from ordering merchancise, going to banks, opening, closing. Now he thinks to...

View more questions Search