Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Oct 28, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Is this cd/dvd drive and hard drive compatible with this motherboard?
    Hi everyone

I want to know if these parts are compatible...

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners
    Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

With this motherboard...

Newegg.com - Intel BOXDP45SG LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX DDR3 Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

P.S. : is any cd/dvd drives and hard drive are compatible with any motherboard?

Thanks a lot!!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 07:43 PM

Yes.

Oct 28, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    Yes.
    So is all cd/dvd drive and hard drive compatible with all motherboard?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 08:19 PM

CD/DVD... pretty much. I've never ever had an issue with that piece.

Memory, hard drives, processors... those are the ones that need the watching. Your motherboard uses SATA hard drives and the one you listed is SATA... you're good.

Oct 28, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    CD/DVD...pretty much. I've never ever had an issue with that piece.

Memory, hard drives, processors...those are the ones that need the watching. Your motherboard uses SATA hard drives and the one you listed is SATA...you're good.
    I see thanks a lot!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Oem hard drive with xp transfer to new motherboard [ 1 Answers ]

I have a HP computer that is 5yrs old I like to take both hard drive from old computer and put them in a new bare bone system but old copy of windows will not work in new computer.

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Motherboard dead, how to save data on the hard drive [ 5 Answers ]

One morning my machine did not start. I asked someone , the person said your mother board is dead but may be you can retrieve the data from a hard disk. How to find out if it is possible to find out if the hard drive is still good and retrieve the data to a backup cd or something. Silia

Hard Drive / Motherboard [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a new computer after my old one "crashed and burned". I removed the hard drive from the old one and installed it in the new one in an effort to salvage whatever files I could. I'm running Windows XP on the new and that's what I had on the old as well. All of the files for my kids, I...

View more questions Search