Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 05:37 AM
    Magazine Website: Getting info from my client.
    I do this magazine website of lots of text with hyperlinks in them. My client sends me the updates in MS Word, which I convert to html and add to the site.

Besides each of learning how to use a CMS with the site - or my teaching them how to use Dreamweaver to type up their stuff - is there an better way for me to have them submit their content to me so I'm not putting all that MS Word garbage on the site?

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 05:41 AM
    The way we do it here (we use MS Content Management Server) is we get updates in Word docs or by email. I most often copy and paste it all into Notepad to remove the formatting then paste that into my web editor - it will automatically recreate the hyperlinks when it see an http or www.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 06:30 AM
    I've heard the wonders of using CMS but have figured that since it involves learning new software, I'd rather teach my client how to type their text and links into Dreamweaver design mode than both of us learn new software... know what I mean?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chatting client ban. What to do for chat? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, In my office chatting on other than company people not allowed. But, in some case if I need to chat with some friends for necessary stuff I want some Java chatting site address if someone knows please. Help me giving address of that chatting site addresses... Thanks !

US Requirements-client,vendor,C2C,W-2,1099 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi This is sailajachanna have taken MBA in HR. Currently I am into Job search for the position as IT Recruiter for an International consultancy. I need the information regarding the following; 1. Who is a client 2. Who is Vendor 3. What is C2C

Magazine needs your experiences [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My name is Angela and I write for a teenage girls' magazine in the UK. I am looking to speak to teenage girls aged 14-18 about their paranormal experiences. I am particularly interested in speaking to girls who: Have had an alien encounter Been attacked by a poltergeist Have...

Get the Client login name? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I need to get the Client system login name to display in each client pages.. I have tried following code it display nothing.. :( You are <%=Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")%> Please anybody suggest right idea to solve this problem.. jena.

Telnet client. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody please help? I'm running AOL9 with windows xp, I've started getting a box on start up c:\windows\system32\mcc.exe With a message in the box Welcome to Microsoft Telnet client Escape character is 'ctrl+]' Microsoft Telnet> I also get a box on the taskbar where I can right click...

View more questions Search