Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Oct 28, 2008, 02:49 PM
    How do I know if I'm being haunted?
    Well, I seem to be seeing something. But I don't know exactly what. It looks like a person and every time I glance it it seems to move closer and then disappear. I've noticed things like people arguing very very loudly or, someone crying in my back room. Is this just me imagining things or am I being haunted?
    Absolute Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Oct 28, 2008, 02:50 PM

Or is it me having the sight to see things? I'm very curious.
    mguirate Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 07:30 AM

There is no one answer. You may be seeing energy from something that happened there in the past. Some people a more receptive than others. You should consult someone with experience in this field.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 5, 2008, 01:49 PM

Actually, there is a grain of truth to all three of your hypotheses. Yes, there is something there, some type of presence or energy. Yes, you are imagining it. And yes, you have a gift for sensing such things.

Our minds and nervous systems are capable of picking up quite a lot of different things. As pointed out in the movie What the Bleep Do We Know?, we process about 2 billion bits of data a second, but our ordinary consciousness only processes about 2,000 bits per second. So there are a lot of other things going on, a lot of interactions between us and the universe, that happen all the time without our being aware of them. When you have the talent to shift your level of awareness, you can tune into these other stations on your internal radio dial. When you do that, you get information in a way that your consciousness isn't used to, so your mind tries to process it for you into recognizable images and symbols.

So there is something there, but your imagination does play a role in trying to pick up these vibrations (for lack of a better term) and make sense of them, piecing them together into something you can get your mind around. Many people wouldn't pick it up on a conscious level at all, but you have discovered you have a knack for doing that.

The knack for psychic sensitivity is like any other physical or mental ability--use it, exercise it, it grows stronger. Ignore it, it atrophies. So if you choose, you can explore this more and become more attuned to it, more able to turn it on at will. The key is to just approach it with curiosity, respect, and playfulness, as opposed to fear or dread. Just let it develop in its own way. You may in time develop a greater understanding of exactly what you are experiencing, and perhaps develop a rapport of sorts with whatever spirit you may have encountered here.

And, of course, if you do start that kind of exploration, you don't have to reinvent the wheel, as they say. This kind of practice is actually much older than the wheel. People all over the planet have been learning how to tune in different levels of awareness for maybe 100,000 years, and every culture has developed different traditions and rituals for doing it. So you can learn from whatever traditions strike your fancy, or try to just learn the core themes and techniques that seem to crop up in almost every culture--the basics that work for everyone, which people like Michael Harner call "core shamanism."
    jvw1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 05:37 PM
    The person who just answered seems to know a lot, I have been experiencing things for most of my life. When I was about 6 I used to wake up in the mornin with my quilt tucked under my mattress and a vague memory of someone singing me a lullaby. Whenever I asked my mum she would just stay 'like I would do that' then I think I scared her. That stopped when I thought I saw a man on the top of my stairs and I got scared, then I never experienced anything like it until this year.

One night I was on the phone to my boyfriend and I felt a sudden presence coming over my shoulder I turned around it shock then I decided to sleep. I woke up in the morning and every on my window sill was then on the floor and my mirror was then in front of my window. This then stopped for a few months until last week I heard a scratchin noise coming from my radiator, my brother came in the room because he heard it too. We then heard banging from inside his room, so we went to check it out it was coming from inside the wardrobe when we approached it a box fell off the top and hit my brother and the doors then swang open. However I wasn't scared in the slightest.

Also a lot of my things have been moving like a packet of fags moving from a table to then inside a box in my wardrobe or a pair of my shoes which I took off in the porch were then in my mothers wardrobe underneath christmas presents.

I just have the feeling that this spirit was from my ex boyfriend, he had told me before that he had experienced things but I know that he suffered from deprevated sleep and since I have known him this has been happening to me. I don't feel scared though it just annoys me that my things are moving to be honest I have said 'whats the point' and '**** off' before. The strange thing is though that sometimes I think its just playing games with me or trying to tell me something and then sometimes I feel a really horrible and negative presence but only at night time and only if I am upset about something. Do you think that it feeds off my moods, of course I could just be completely insane but I have had people with me at times. I have also seen shadows and tv's turn on by themselves I'm not sure why I'm not scared I feel perfectly safe I guess I just think of when I was younger, I still don't think I should be scared but the weird things usually happen in my bedroom or wherever I am, do you think they know that I can sense them or can they just choose people.

I'm not really fussed about its presence but I do want to know what it wants but at the same time I don't want to make things worse, I guess I am curious in a way can you give me any advice or anything that might help thank you :) x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I think I am being haunted [ 26 Answers ]

Hi I am 14 and I am experiencing things and I think I am being haunted. 1. I ALWAYS feel as if I am being watched. :( 2. I see shadows out of the corner of my eye that moves. 3. doors open and close. (and no it isn't the wind as they are fully shut) 4. my cat stares at nothing:eek: 5. taps...

Am I Haunted? [ 31 Answers ]

Okay, you all are going to think I have lost my mind, but I wonder sometimes if I am haunted. That probably sounds like a weird thing to day, but it seems like weird things seem to follow me wherever I go. We just moved into our first home (my husband,son and I), it was for sale as an estate, and...

Haunted or not [ 2 Answers ]

I think my house is haunted somebody please give me tips on how to tell if it's a good spirit or not because I am really freaked out because I feel something behind me and its scary.:eek:

Am I being haunted? [ 2 Answers ]

The first time I expirianced something wiered I was at my old home and I heard a noice and when I looked up at my drewer I saw my dools face turned downed when it was originally straight and then as time went by I had a slumber party with my friends and a doll spoke and it had no batteries but...

Most haunted [ 5 Answers ]

Ok tonight shows the living TV (travel channel if your in the u.s) final night of most haunted live they are in the city of glasgow and the place of paranormal investigation is yet to be announced... Now last night they were in some vaults and a few of the crew were attacked by so called...

View more questions Search