Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 04:57 AM
    About hyperlinks in Word Doc.
    I save Word Docs as html for website use. These docs often have links that by default save to open in the same window.

How can I save a Word Doc as html so that the links are all _blank?

Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 05:15 AM
    First of all Word add TONS of additional garbage code when it converts to HTML. I don't really recommend it but it is simple to use.

The code for opening a new window is:
    Code:
    <A HREF="link.html" TARGET="_blank">
    I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Thanks, Need. Yes, I know about the garbage, but it's the only easy way I have right now for my client to get me the info. Definitely all for a better way... but until then...

Yes, that code is what I'm looking for... but these word docs have many many links. I'm hoping to be able to "convert all links in the file to _blank"
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 05:30 AM
    I don't know of any options in Word that would force such a thing.
    Manually you could do a Find for "HREF" and add the code at each occurrence.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 05:37 AM
    Thanks Need. You prompted me to look more into the "other than Word" option:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/web-de...ent-27468.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New word for us to add... [ 7 Answers ]

We have TRUST, RESPECT, COMPROMISE, (What did I miss?? ) New word to add... very important... BALANCE!! You need balance in the relationship to make it work. Give the person space... Everyone needs other things in life... not just the relationship... balance includes being gwith your...

His Word [ 3 Answers ]

First, please forgive the length of this post. I do not wish to "attack" or offend anyone. Rather this is a plea for accuracy and consideration to Him who is the Creator. When one takes time to study The Bible in several of it's translations, and particularly in it's original languages of...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Using Word [ 1 Answers ]

I have Windows 98 and I want to know how to make templates for different size paper and different margins. Please make it simple, as I have tried about 3 hours and cannot get it right, and thank you so much for your help Kathryn Klenk [email protected] I write a lot of letters and copy...

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search