Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wtswhizzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Most often revived musical in Broadway history
    Can you tell me what the most often revived musical is in Broadway history. I am asking about Broadway revivals not productions around the country or touring productions.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
    This is a very difficult question to answer - it is not cut and dry. There are many factors to consider, including some theaters that were once considered "broadway" theaters, but are no long. In the 50s & 60s the summer theater at Jones Beach on Long Island was considered Boadway, which now seems ridiculous. Also, the City Center is now considered a Broadway theater, but didn't used to be.

It is believed that The Mikado is has been revived on Broadway 28 time. However, while this is a musical performance, it is not considered "a broadway musical".
    Showboat was on broadway 8 times. Many people argue that this would be the most revived musical
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2008, 03:26 AM

I agree. Very difficult question. Have you tried the following search?

Broadway Musical Revival - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broadway Show Tune [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the songwriter of the old tune "It's now where you start it's where you finish." I think it is from an old Broadway Musical. Can anyone help me out? Nancy

Little Mermaid on Broadway [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are taking our kids and niece to see Little Mermaid on Broadway. We're driving up from Philadelphia the day of the event (Sunday). Can anyone recommend where we should park? I am assuming there are parking garages near the theater (but you know what happens when you assume.) ...

Broadway musical, Gypsy [ 1 Answers ]

Who starred in the original musical on broadway with the name of "Gypsy"?

Old Broadway Shows [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for recordings or music lyrics for an old Broadway Show called The Tenderloin and also for The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Does anyone remember them?

Can lost feelings be revived? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 23, my ex-boyfriend broke up with me stating that he does not feel the same way he initially did when he went out with me few years ago. I was wondering if this is what usually happens (feelings get lost) when you're in a long term relationship in the early20s. He never said the three little...

View more questions Search