Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adatuborn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 11:44 AM
    I the word 'slidden' correct?
    I know that slid is the past tense of slide, but what if ou want to use the word 'has' in front of it? Isn't it a different word then?
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Oct 28, 2008, 04:08 PM

The boy has slid towards home base and came up short.

'Has' was not necessary in the sentence.

The boy slid towards home base and came up short.

Hence, slid can be past or present tense. There is no such word as slidden.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Oct 28, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasParent View Post
    There is no such word as slidden.
    Actually, there is: past participle of slide, though it's considered archaic usage today.

Oct 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vingogly View Post
    Actually, there is: past participle of slide, though it's considered archaic usage today.
    I stand corrected.

Oct 28, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adatuborn View Post
    I know that slid is the past tense of slide, but what if ou want to use the word 'has' in front of it? Isn't it a different word then?
    Due to new information, let me rephrase part of my answer.

There is no word "Slidden" in the English language based on what is considered modern usage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Correct use of a word? [ 2 Answers ]

Is this the correct use of the word programmatic? I have run into a programmatic problem with your computer software. >Moved from Forum Help<

Correct word use [ 3 Answers ]

Incorrect: It is essential that you are on time. Correct: It is essential that you be on time. Incorrect: He suggested that we should meet at the train. Correct: He suggested that we meet ate the train. Please can you tell me what is the logic behind using "be" instead of "are" in the first...

Correct word usage [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if it is correct to use continual or continually in the following sentence. I am grateful for our continual unfolding journey. Thank you for your advice... ~ Pia ~ :)

View more questions Search