Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amijewelry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Aquastat L8148e dunkirk boiler
    Dunkirk boiler pwb-5d , and an aquastat l8148e.
    Replyed
    After checking to be sure no other control is wired into the aquastat and has failed replace the aquastat contro always double check all circuits

Don't know how to reply to the answer so I am doing it like this ,
    So can I safely run the 24 volts directly to the module,it turns on the boiler ?or can it cause damage?
    Or must I replace it?
    What can cause just 3 volts on the b1 an b2? What is the volts suppose to read ?
    Can it be a bad relay?
    Can I just replace the relay?
    Thank you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 10:31 AM
    so can i safely run the 24 volts directly to the module

It is not safe to run the boiler without the aquastat controler!!

If the aquastat is defective it has to be replaced and professionally adjusted for safety and proper operation.

Here is a copy of your aquastat wiring and install instructions. See FIG. 13

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/60-2278.pdf

If you do not know what you are doing I recommend you Call for ON SITE service. Boilers can be dangerous to work on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aquastat L8148e. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dunkirk boiler pwb-5d , and an aquastat L8148e. The flame rollout sensor grounded out against burner. From a melted wire. In turn caused the switching relay to click on and off rapidly.I fixed the wire on the rollout sensor. Tried to turn on boiler and nothing happened. So I thought the...

Boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering changing my boiler. I have had information on replacing the boiler with a Weil Mclain Ultra 230 or a Burnham CHG 225. I am reading a lot of stuff about the Ultra that makes me wonder if I should chance this equipment. The Burnham seems reliable has " brass nipples and cast iron...

Dunkirk boiler fired baseboard heating unit. [ 1 Answers ]

Burner won't light up with pilot on.Could it be the filter?Where filter is located?

Dunkirk boiler fired baseboard heating unit. [ 1 Answers ]

Burner won't light up with pilot on.Could it be the filter?Where filter is located?

Common wire for thermostat and aquastat relay [ 10 Answers ]

I just purchased a totaltouch P286-1300 which I know is a little bit of over kill for my system, but I like the way it looks. Anyway, I just a simple two wire baseboard gas heating system. When I connect the wires the screen lights up and comes on just fine. When I use the system the thermostat...

View more questions Search