Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VIRGINIAGAL172 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Salary Laws ?
    Virginia - Salary 5 day work week - no pay for ot

My question:

I am a salaried employee. From my understanding my salary is based on a 5 day work week.

Even If I work for only 4 days in a work week and my hours total up to 40 hours is it still legal for them to deduct from salary for a 4 day work week?

I would have thought even if I worked only 4 days in a work week if I worked 40 hours that I would still get my full salary, but they are telling me even if I work 40 hours it doesn't matter I will still be deducted because I'm considered on a 5 day work week.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your help in advance
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Hello Gal:

Next week, work 6 days and 60 hours. If they don't give you overtime, I'd quit.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2008, 12:18 PM

While they can't dock you for a part of a day, they CAN dock you for a full day if your work schedules says you should be in that day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary laws [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know about salary employment law Does anyone know about salary laws in nyc

Salary Laws [ 9 Answers ]

If I am paid salary and our office hours are M-F 8am-5pm and they ask me to come in on Saturday and they aren't paying us. Are they suppose to pay us for Saturdays?

Salary laws [ 2 Answers ]

In order to be on a paid salary, is it true that you need a high school diploma?

Salary Laws [ 4 Answers ]

If a person is salary, they only work 1 or two days is it the law that we have to pay them a full 40 hours?

View more questions Search