Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdz2120 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 09:11 AM
    how can my husband b legal in this country without having to go back to mexico? We had a
    lawyer and the 1=90 was approved and do not wish to continue with services,because they said we would have to go to mexico for three months to a year with no reason why. He has been here 8 years is there any other place we can go to?:(

and he has no criminal record and been at the same job for 8 years as well. I was recently on the internet and found a place but can't remember the name of it.

my husband is from Mexico and has been in this country 8 years we have had the same attorney for 2 years or more and have really gotten nowhere and spent lots of money. The
    1-90 was approved in December 2007,now everywhere we go they are saying they can't help us because we are already with an attorney basically this case is closed and we do not wish to continue with services because they said he had to go to Mexico in Juarez not where he's from for 3 months to a year this is a very dangerous place and we do not wish to go there.Is there anywhere else we can go to for help?I was recently on the internet and found a place but I just can't remember the site.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 12:19 PM

You story is confusing... can you provide more facts? Are you a US citizen? Did your husband enter US without inspection or just overstay his visa? What happened to I-90? Etc.

The more the better...

Oct 28, 2008, 01:02 PM

Yes I am a US citizen,He came here illegally in 1999 he passed through the border passed right by and was asked nothing by officers and went right through I didn't know him at the time ,we met in 2003 and have been together every since we got married in 2006 we went to a lawyer to try and get everything straightened out legally his 1-90n was approved in December 2007,They sent us mail that had a statue of liberty on it for the visa which was 70 somethinjg on my part and almost 500 on his part,we cannot find the piece of mail that was sent to us,and basically it said if we didn't send the money the case is closed.
    Immigration Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 01:43 PM

I still can't figure out what your attorney did and the 70 and 500 something's, etc.

The fact is he entered US illegally (without visa), and as a result, he must return to his home country while immigration visa is being processed.

Talk to your attorney, make it clear on what to do and when to do it. Do exactly as you're told, otherwise ICE may knock on your door sooner than expect.

Oct 28, 2008, 02:20 PM

OK thank you and I will call my lawyer as soon as possible do you know how long the process takes?And am I Allowed to go with him?
    Immigration Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 02:37 PM

It depends on the schedule if visa number becomes current, also depends on the country as some has backlog. It could be anywhere from six months to three years. As a US citizen, you are free to go anywhere, but remember, to be eligible to sponsor immigrant visa for him you must be in US more than 6 months a year, must file tax return every year, and your income must exceed $17,500, etc. So it's not a good idea to leave US permanently unless you are wealthy and there are sufficient evidence of ties to US.

Oct 28, 2008, 03:13 PM

We are paying taxes our lawyer did them for us,we are paying a lot to the i.r.s. We file every year I have been in USA all my life I'm in my 40's he is almost 50.And I just got off the phone with my lawyer she is supposed to return my call in the morning.I don't plan on leaving permanetly just if he has to go I would like to go with him until whatever has to be done is done and both of us be able to return to USA.Its just the place where in Juarez where she is sending us is so dangerous if you watch the news you will know what I mean will we be safe there?And if he's not from that city why do we have to go there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Immigration [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé is a illigal alien we have a child together and want to know how make him A resident of CA and the right to work and be iligable for student loans

Immigration law [ 2 Answers ]

I married a person who was not a citizen. She has since obtained her green card. Now she has left me. I suspect it was fraudulent and that she married me only for her green card. What legal recourse do I have?

Immigration [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am a Diesel Engine Mechanic working on HCV's, LCV Engines Fitted in Generators in India so am I Eligible for Migration as a Motor Mechanic to Australia

View more questions Search