Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Oct 28, 2008, 06:12 AM
    "Right Click" Taking Over Computer
    Periodically on my two year old Vaio laptop right click operations mysteriously take over the computer without having been initiated by me. This is happening with increasing frequency now. The effects are: if I try to move the arrow on the desktop screen before opening any programs it draws rectangles or if I get it over a program icon the right click window opens with it´s options of “open” etc instead of simply letting me click on the icon. When I click on the “open” option in the window or any others the computer freezes, all controls are lost and I can only shut it down by holding down the “on” button. To get operating again I press the "on" button again and when everything comes up I have to go to "start" then "restart". If I don´t “restart” the problem continues. The “right click” also sometimes just takes over the computer when I´m in the middle of something like writing in word processor. First indication is the typed letter commands just stop and all operations are frozen and I must go through the shut down and start up procedure above. Any ideas on how to fix this.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:34 AM

My wife's computer seems to do this from time-to-time also. It sounds like it gets stuck in the "Alt" mode.

I don't have a fix, but try repeatedly hitting the Alt key (try both, if there are two). This seems to get it out of this mode without requiring a restart.

So, press the Alt key 5-6 times rapidly, then see if it is out of the mode. If not, press the Alt key one more time (because you might have toggled into that mode) and see if it works. If not, repeat with the other Alt key.

If any of the computer experts have a real solution, I'll be anxious to hear that.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Oct 28, 2008, 02:52 PM

Thank you wally I´ll give that a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

D drive double click opens "Open with" [ 1 Answers ]

D drive double click opens "Open with". It happened after installing, updating and scanning my system with a new antivirus. But if I drop down from the address bar, then the drive opens. Otherwise it just give the "Open with" window which leads me to nowhere. Do answer me here or mail to...

"Taking a break conv."? Can someone decrypt girl code? [ 7 Answers ]

so my question is about a conv. Me and I guess know my ex had about 6-days ago, a conversation I knew was coming but was dreading at the same time, I had dated her for 8months (well the next day after this conv. Would have been 8 months, I'm a senior in high school btw) A little back ground might...

Turn key & get "click" a few times then the car starts [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Car Experts! Need you expert opinion on this problem I'm having with my 95 Avalon: When I turn the key it clicks about the first 6 times and finally it starts after that. What causes this? (Starter, battery cables, Alternator?) Would appreciate any advice

Windows & Firefox: Right Click "Open With" Option [ 5 Answers ]

Been mostly using FF this year but some sites don't play well - and some impossible. I've got shortcuts to these sites on my desktop. I'd really love to "designate" them as IE shortcuts so that they'll open with IE if I click on them. ... but if this is not possible, I'd like to at least...

View more questions Search