Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ron48876 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Best security system
    I am looking for a good quality security system that I can install myself.I don't want to waste money on junk.Do you have any recommendations?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2008, 06:11 AM

I would suggest the DSC 832, also known as the PC5010, then newer model was named the 1832.
    Out of the box it has 8 zones, and can have a total of 32 hardwired, if you add the wireless receiver, it handles 32 zones. 32 total can be used.
    One keypad has 4 programmable chimes for different zones, 1 sound for fron door, 1 for garage door, 1 fro shed in the back(wireless),
    Then I have a door/window transmitter in my Truck, If someone opens a door to my truck it sound the Alarm Chime on my keypads, I hear it, they don't.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2008, 06:36 PM

Oh, they also have an automation board you can add, to give PLC control(X10 type stuff)and remote thermostat control.
    Great Panel.
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 06:25 AM

The DSC can do about anything without a computer.
    If you are more into computers, then try:
    ELK-M1 Gold

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Pontiac Grand Am Security system [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 2004 pontiac grand am and it seems like every time I go to start it... it gives me problems . Sometimes it sounds like it wants to start but it just won't fire... then the other time the security system light flashes at me and won't do anything.. I learned how to reset that but I was...

Home Security System Inventor [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find detailed information about the African American Inventor Marie Brown or she may be known as Marie Van Brittan Brown?

Buying new wireless security system [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a really nice wireless surveillance system from www.jetstreamsecurity.com and was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any flaws in owning a wireless surveillance systems? Can they be hacked into with by a neighbor, or can they be tapped into with other hardware. I just...

Downloading Security On A New System [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently purchased new gateway computer. It came loaded with McAfee internet security and Mcafee spyware. It also came with Nortin internet security 2005, webroot spy sweeper, webroot window washer, pre-empt and ghost surf 2005. When I tried to load these in I had an internet connection...

Removing old security system [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a house with a malfunctioning security system that I'd like to have taken out. I can't get in touch with the company that installed it, and the electricians I call say they won't touch it. What type of contractor would handle something like this? Thanks, Radley

View more questions Search