Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Computer monitor as TV monitor
    I am replacing my desktop monitor with a larger, wide screen type. Is there a way I can use my old monitor (flat screen) as a television monitor? Is there a cable available to make the transition from a tuner or vcr to the monitor? Is there another device needed to make the transition?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Oct 27, 2008, 06:21 PM

Here is a great site that explains all you will need to convert your old monitor into a TV.

Why - Turn a computer monitor into a TV - CNET.com Digital Home - CNET.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Trying to use a computer monitor as a TV [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Samsung lcd monitor I would like to use as a TV there are rca and s video hook ups as well as a serial port. I am trying to find some sort of adapter to allow a connection from a regular coax cable. I tried an RF converter with no luck. Any sugestion? Thanks

New Monitor and old computer [ 2 Answers ]

My computer does not start the desktop when installing new monitor. It does not even recognize it as a new hardware. Thanks for your help, Drbill

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

Computer monitor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my monitor is upside down. Please help!! Thanks When my computer starts up its fine but then when it gets to my page its upside down.

View more questions Search