Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    borderme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Not eating
    All of a sudden my Border Collie has stopped eating.. It started Sunday and Today(Monday) he still will not eat... He adctually vomitted Sunday... I have a vet appointment but they can not see me till Wed. He acts about the same but isn't typical. He will eat treats but nothing else. I even opened a new dog food bag. He is up to date on all his shots and worming.. Nothing has change in the house with pets or us. Not like he isn't active he is a Agility dog and my G/f and I are now assistant trainers and he is active in that also/////ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS??
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 28, 2008, 01:33 AM

Could he have gotten into the garbage and eaten something he shouldn't have? He could have an upset tummy because of something he ate, or even the stomach flu, just like a person. Just keep an eye on him until Weds. make sure he drinks, and if all he will eat are his treats, then give him those for the time being.

You could also try giving him boiled skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, and see if he will take pieces of those, either alone or mixed with a bit of his food. Also, make sure you keep an eye on him when he goes to the bathroom. Check to make sure there is no blood.

You didn't mention his age, but that is all I can think of right now. I guess all you can really do is wait until Weds. unless he gets worse somehow, and then I would just take him to the vet and sit there until someone will check him out.

Good Luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog not eating [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is not eating at all and has the runs. Has not eaten for two days. What do I do?

Dog not eating [ 1 Answers ]

My 16 month old Dachshund will not eat his food. He was eating his new dry food great for about 2 months then suddenly stopped. I know he is hungry as he begs terribly for the food I am eating. I do feed him "treats", dog raw hides and peanut butter/banana mixtures. For awhile he would eat his...

What are we eating? [ 28 Answers ]

Just thought to start this as to not take over magpro's thread on burgurs. PS... I love how food is in the category of "Arts & Leisure" I think the hormones in today's foods are horrible. Hormones in the milk, in the meat, in the eggs. What are we doing? Look at a lot of kids now days....

Dog Not Eating [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is a picky eater, we feed him chicken with veggies and white rice. He is spoiled and given table scraps sometimes. Lately he has refused even the table food and only eats some when he is hand fed, then walks away. However, he has energy and...

View more questions Search