Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodie1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 03:16 PM
    Replace a Lawn Mower Belt for a Snapper Riding Mower
    Hi I don't know the model number of this mower but it a snapper and its kind of little and cute looking very used and says briggs and straton on it 10 hp and 30" single blade. I bought it used and the pully is no longer used to start it, it now starts with the key turn and choke. I need to replace the belt, i measured it and it was 73", I don't even know what kind to buy, if anyone could help me.

Thanks
    Single mom trying to do this by herself... need easy to follow instructions :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 10:03 PM

If you had a model #, I'd say go to DAYCO.COM - MARKIV Automotive Aftermarket. The lookup by dimensional data doesn't seem to work for lawn stuff. The lawn stuff begins with the letter L. You can look up by Snapper model #.

I can't even find the dimensional data for the L series belts.
    You would need the outside circumference and the width of the belt at a minimum.

Once you get a Dayco number you can go to a NAPA store and get a belt. It won't be Dayco, but it will work. It is important to get the right belt.

You might have luck calling Snapper, especially if you can locate the briggs engine info like model and type which is on the blower housing. It's stamped and usually difficult to read. They may be able to tell you where to look for the model

You might have some luck calling Dayco too. Who knows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing The Belt on a Snapper Riding Mower [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how I replace the belt on my Snapper SR1333 riding mower. I just purchased a belt and now I need to know how to change it. I thought it was a quick fix but I guess that's what I get for thinking. :)

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Replace riding mower belt [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me how to replace my murrary riding mower belt

Snapper Riding Lawn mower electric start issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have a snapper riding lawn mower. I misplace the key 2 years ago, disconnected the electric start on it and have pull started it. I want to now use the electric start again. I got a new key, cleaned the plugs and plugged them back together. It will not start with the electric start. I have...

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search