Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genevieve1415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
    I'm 14 and I am sucking my thumb! How do I stop?
    I have sucked my thumb all my life. I used to blame my dad for not giving me a binki when I was a baby but I don't believe that any more. My parents have tried everything like hot stuff and this stuff that we put on the nail but it dident work! We also tried rubber gloves but its I can suck my thumb threw them and it makes my hand all sweaty. Can some one help me stop?
    ANB428 Posts: 450, Reputation: 42

Oct 27, 2008, 12:43 PM

Have you tried regular wool gloves? You can't suck on that.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 09:19 AM

A good positive attitude that you will stop and a lot of determination. If you stop sucking your thumb on your own, through your own determination, it will prove to you that you can overcome just about anything you want throughout your life. You will have a sense of accomplishment in this.
    homebirthmom Posts: 160, Reputation: 15

Oct 28, 2008, 09:25 AM

If your family has the money to afford it, try a hypnotist. That is if you are unsuccessful at doing it on your own. And since it's a habbit you've probably had since you were inutero (I have a friend with the same problem), it's probably going to be one of the hardest things you've ever done.
    Good luck. Never stop trying. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still sucking her thumb [ 4 Answers ]

My sister has a 10 year old that still sucks her thumb. :eek: Any suggestions on how we can break that habit?

Thumb sucking [ 5 Answers ]

My friend who is almost 29 (next year) she still suck her thumb most of the time when sitting watching television. Why is that?

How to stop thumb sucking [ 1 Answers ]

How do you stop a fourteen year old from sucking their thumb?

Thumb sucking [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do to stop my daughter from sucking her finger...

Thumb sucking [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is addicted to keep her thumb in mouth. She often do this when she feel sleepy. I tried several times to remove, but she is not. Can anyone suggest a best practive to avoid this. Please fast. Regards, Krishna _ India

View more questions Search