Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Oct 27, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Always bored at work.
    I was working at a law firm and ended up getting terminated because of something I did not do but they did not want to hear what I had to say. Regardless I was constantly bored there because there was hardly any work.

I found a new job and have been here for three weeks now and am still constantly bored, I actually have to ask people if they have anything I can do for them. I am sick of jobs like this, I want to busy, what do I do. It took me about four months to even find a new job.
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2008, 10:15 AM

Keep your new job, but try to keep yourself busy and not get bored. In the meantime, you can also look for a better job.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 12:27 PM

Keep the job and look for another.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Look for a new job while working at this one - but not on company time! If you are always bored at your jobs, then you need to find a field that is more challanging. Do you have a degree? Maybe you should consider night classes is you are not qualified for positions that interest you.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2008, 01:43 PM

If you are paid well to do nothing, count yourself lucky and learn to meditate.
    CountryatHeart Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 31, 2008, 10:38 AM

In an office, there are usually things that need done and no one wants to do them. Even if its cleaning out the supply closet, organize the book shelves, label drawers/shelves. Find something that you and the company can benefit from. Create a web page for them. Employers love self starters that can can organize. Plus the day goes by faster if you stay busy.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2008, 05:18 PM

There should be no reason you are bored. You must not know how to entertain yourself. I have what could be called a boring job, but I have taken a different tack. I read books all day. So far I have read some pretty thick books that I never would have been able to finish at home. I don't know if you are allowed to read at work or not, but if you are able to read at work, by all means READ! Hopefully you can find some self help books to read as well to help you learn more about yourself, your career, etc. Just job shopping for a better job can be a full time job, but you don't want to do this at your daytime job. You can read books about self improvement galore. This can definitely help you in the future. In the meantime, be extremely happy that you even HAVE a job to be bored at.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Dec 15, 2008, 10:14 PM
    You probably don't want to be in a dangerous position, as you are the mother
    Of young twins, but many young mothers are in the law enforcement profession.
    Trust me, seldom does a boring day occur if you live in a large city.

You really DON'T want to get caught looking for work while you still have a job.
    If being a police officer or a detective doesn't seem safe enough, how about
    Being a dispatcher for either a police department or EMS? These jobs are
    Challenging and carry a lot of responsibility, making sure that the officers
    And EMTs get the right directions, and counseling victims who call in
    Who are often in imminent danger. This is hardly ever a boring job.

Just a suggestion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to not be bored? [ 5 Answers ]

See Im in sixth grade<going into 6th grade>and school is so boring the teachers always teach us stuff we already know and I'd rather do it myself! Im in gifted services and I know things ahead of time!! :( :( :confused:

Bored at work, Co-worker favoured [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone... So I started this position at a bank with another girl. For awhile we were commuting to different branches while we trained and while our bank was being built. She was fine, but I didn't have to be around her all the time, just commuting. So then when our branch opened, and we...

What about being bored? [ 12 Answers ]

I wrote like two things on my 5 year old already... spiritually, he speaks of the bible, God, Christ on a daily... he has been doing this since age 2. He has a keen sense of observation, and memory. Recently, he came to us to tell us he is "bored" in his kindergarten class and that his one...

My boyfriend is bored [ 4 Answers ]

I am 5 years older then my boyfriend he's only 21 but already is bored with sex we have tried just about everything he use to want it all the time but now doesn't what could be wrong

Bored [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship w/ a guy for 7 months. And every now and then I ask myself why am I still with him, especially because ill be going away to college next year. We were talking today and he told me he really doesn't want to be in a relationship because of the obligations but he still...

View more questions Search