Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigbill42436 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Writing assignment
    I'm not sure where to really post this,but my g/f has a writing assignment,(college) and needs to know how they deal with unwed,teenage pregnancies in India.We've searched the internet but to no avail.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks :)
    E21 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 08:11 PM
    It looks like unwed pregnancies are highly frowned upon in India, and abortion is the most common method of how they "deal with it".

Here is an article I found:

Unwanted pregnancies: How to cope
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 08:12 PM

I can't imagine how you missed all the information on the Internet! If you Google with the keywords "Indian unwed teenage pregnancy" (without quote marks) or use similar keywords, you will get many hits.

Remember that the country people are more conservative (the teen mother may be killed by the girl's father or brothers) and the city people are more liberal. If I see her tomorrow, I will ask my coworker, Manisha, who is from New Delhi, and find out her thoughts on this.
    bigbill42436 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by E21 View Post
    It looks like unwed pregnancies are highly frowned upon in India, and abortion is the most common method of how they "deal with it".

Here is an article I found:

Unwanted pregnancies: How to cope
    Thank you so much for your answer and for the link to the article.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assignment Help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently studying Forensic Science at College in England, and I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on an assignment I have as we have had very little guidance on it. The task is to review the types of energy (I believe this means kinetic, potential etc.), their...

I just want to know p are in writing minutes and what really writing [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the procedures in writing minutes and what really entails in writing minutes.

My g1 assignment [ 1 Answers ]

What are your legal duties for health and safety in the work place under the health and safety act 1974? What are your legal duties for health and safety as defined by any specific legislation covering your job role? Name 3 things that you might find on an agreed workplace policy relating to...

Writing assignment [ 2 Answers ]

So I have to do a writing assignment for my accounting 201 class, and our professor didn't explain it at all. I think I know what the answer is, but it seems too easy and I wanted a second option: Surelock Homes is a private investigator. In 1960, Mrs. E. Press Lee hired Surelock to investigate...

View more questions Search