Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Spirit in my house
    I built a house and moved in March '07. I, myself have seen a figure about 7' tall with a black trench coat and black cowboy hat in my bathroom doorway, beside my bed as well as once at the foot of my bed. My son moved in March of '08 and experienced seeing him in his room once and it "shhhh"'d him. He was very scared. He did not know of my encounters. I have just turned over and went back to sleep, after I tell the spirt I am tired and did not need to stay awake wondering why he was here. Nothing has ever happened except about two weeks ago I heard him in my kitchen (which has never happened). My cats were on my bed and they sat up and just stared out of my bedroom but would not move (like they usually go searching for all sounds in the house). I just had the feeling he was in the kitchen after heard the cupboards closing and said I was not going to go out and look because I wanted to go to sleep.

What could this be and why in a brand new home. My son saw the same figure. Please help explain.
    jansen88 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 08:16 PM

Some spirits have died where new buildings and houses are built. You should give the show taps a call. Or find out what the spirit is there for. Sometimes you can get them to go away by helping them out.
    I hope I help
    Jansen
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 4, 2008, 04:08 PM

This is the classic description of one of the shadow people. I started a thread about investigating the shadow people phenomena on the "paranormal phenomena" page. Some of the people who posted on that have gotten together with me by e-mail, with the intention of forming a group to investigate this further. If you are willing to let us know where you are, geographically, perhaps one of us lives near you? Maybe you would let us check it out?

We are still trying to figure out what the shadow people are. But from everything we've found out, we don't think they are the ghosts of humans who have died. They are something else. They do not seem to be evil or harmful however. Or, rather, they seem to only respond negatively when people approach them with fear, wanting them to go away.

It's interesting that it shushed your son like that. There aren't a whole lot of reports about them speaking to people. Although I'm kind of hoping to get to the point where I can sit down and have a conversation with one.

Anyway, let us know if you'd like us to look into it further.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2008, 04:15 PM

Alder... could it not be a shadow person because it shushed her son? And also, with him having a cowboy hat and coat... could it actually be a ghost of someone who died? I am just a little confused... :)
    Armygirl80 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2008, 04:27 PM

I would definitely get ahold of local Paranormal Investigators if that was going on with me, make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing so that there aren't unwanted doors opened, good luck and be strong!
    wonderingspirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Hi there may I give you a suggestion?
    Try going and searching the history of the land on and around the area where your house was built. There is a possibility that you could have built your home on the site of an old home stead and what/who you are seeing and feeling is the old owner of the home stead.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spirit In My House. [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: I'm wondering... is there a site online where I can find out if someone had died in my house or on my property? I have 2 roommates. One said she saw the shower handle turn on it's own... I questioned this. Until my other roommate told me that he felt small feet, like a...

Spirit in house [ 6 Answers ]

My grandmother has had a spirit in her house for a couple years now. At first it wasn't anything to be concerned with, she would have pots and pans clattering in the kitchen, or annoyances while reading and such. It has gotten to the point where she cannot stand to be alone in her house because it...

Spirit in my house [ 2 Answers ]

:( Hi my name is Roberta my son who is 18 teen is having a hard time sleeping something is always holding him down I don't no what to do

Is there a spirit in my house? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Stephenie Bauer. I think I might have a spirit or something in my house. First of all, my daughter's father past away when I was 3mths pregnant with her, she is 3 now. One morning she woke up and said she saw daddy flying and he was wet. He had drown in Williamstown Lake, we...

Is there really a spirit in my house? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused:I am 14 years old. My mom died 2 years ago(in a car accident) and ever since then I've been having this strange feeling of someone always watching me. I really need to know if its her and tell... her... how much I really miss her and how much I love her because growing up I never really...

View more questions Search