Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keno68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Access into canada
    I am a 51 year old convicted felon. Drug & assault charges from prior to 1985. Along with several drunk driving tickets. Have not had any charges or arrest since 1986. I am planning a trip to Canada next summer and want to make sure I will be allowed in the country.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Oct 28, 2008, 12:40 PM

Apply for rehabilitation. Depending on your circumstances it may be granted based on the nature of your visit.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2008, 01:09 PM

Thought it might be helpful to include a website about how to do this

Overcoming criminal inadmissibility
    k2boy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 11:43 AM

There is a 65-35 chance that you will be denied entry into Canada.The Canadians take the drunk driving charges very seriously and more so after the American immigration authorities started to crack down on canadians with offenses like consuming marijuana which is not consider that big of a crime in Canada and hence its "tit for tat" at the border posts.
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2008, 12:02 PM

You may want to be very careful, my uncle had a DUI on his record from about ten years ago and he tried to go to Canada fishing this year, and they wouldn't let him across the border. Ty but that's their law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canada [ 3 Answers ]

What's is another name for Canada's legislure?

Canada [ 1 Answers ]

What two bodies are the canada's legislature divided into

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

View more questions Search