Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greeneyedbaby Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 12:49 PM
    I'm really done with waiting
    My roommate and I have been off and on with 2 guys who are best friends and roommates as well for a year now. This last time that we were in the off phase it was because we had decided that the boys were inmature and needed to grow up. That was 4 months ago. About a month ago both boys got hold of us and each in their own way showed us that they had grown up and missed us and wanted to give things another try. Since at the moment we are both single we decided to see where it would lead. But here's the thing before if there was ever a fight or a misunderstanding in one couple the other couple would start having problems. And when one couple broke up the other would break up. And not because of us girls. The boys would "follow the leader" or something. Now I have decided that the guy I was with I just want to be friends with. I don't feel like I want to be serious with him however my roommate is really thinking about trying to make things work with her boy. But if I don't date joe then marco won't date her. Am I Being a bad friend by not dating joe? Or should I date him to help her out till they get serious to be a good friend?
    aaj2008 Posts: 139, Reputation: 7

Oct 26, 2008, 12:51 PM

Um... no you are not being a bad friend... but you are leading on the guy.. you don't like him or the way he treats you send him packing... its not your fault his roommate can't make up his mind on his own... see what I mean?
    EN Ken Posts: 67, Reputation: 6

Oct 27, 2008, 07:23 PM
    If you don't like him, then break up with him.

The point of a relationship is for the people in it to build something together and because of that, relationship matters only concern the people involved. If you want to break up with him then it's nobody's business but yours and his.

If your friend loses her relationship with the other guy because the other guy breaks up with her, then he's either only in a relationship because his friend is - in which case, he's leading your friend on - or he's not taking responsibility of his own life by allowing his friend to dictate it for him - which makes him an unsuitable guy for a relationship anyway.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Oct 28, 2008, 02:05 AM

You can't go into something without going in without all your heart. Anything less and your leading the guy on. Doing this will only make it worse for you and your friend.

Do what you have to do. There are enough
    Guys around for you and your roommate!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do You Think He's Waiting? [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I will be divorced in approx. 2 months and have been trying to work it out over the past 8-9 months to no avail. The relationship was passionless, there was no communication and he was very verbally abusive to both me and my son from a previous marriage. I have made the decision to leave...

What is he waiting for [ 6 Answers ]

I have been dating him for four months. I love him, I am 97% sure he loves me, but he has never once said the three most wonderful words "I love you". I see him everysingle day and talk to him for at least an hour a day over the phone. No I am not the only one to inniciate the talking, he starts it...

Still waiting [ 2 Answers ]

I met a man over a year and a half ago. Last spring of 2006 "John" ended a 10 year relationship with his girlfriend. (It was a very civil break up) "John" and I started a wonderful relationship. At the end of the summer his ex-girl friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. "Judy" asked if "John"...

I'm Still Waiting! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Im thirteen, I'll be fourteen in mid-september, and I still haven't started my period. My best friend started when she was eleven, and so have most of the other girls in my grade, starting periods in my family runs sort of late,(my mom:14, sister:14, Aunt: 16, and my grandmother:15), but I...

What am I waiting for? [ 7 Answers ]

Married for six years with no kids. I don't feel the love for my husband that I feel for my best friend now. Not sure if I ever have. I feel like I forced sex on my friend, I told him I loved him and he loves me, and every day I'm with my husband I know it hurts him. I don't want to continue my...

View more questions Search