Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    intrinsic519 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Toto toilet tank inside unit water coming out at the top
    Toto toilet tank isnide unit on the left shoots out water at the top when flushing.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 03:51 PM

It sounds that your fill valve is the problem, see the imagse and tell us which one is your fill valve, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 05:08 PM

Are you saying water shoots out of the ballcock, that's part #2 in the right picture. Much of the water is directed down that little yellow tube to refill the bowl. Which type of ballcock do you have?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 27, 2008, 06:11 AM
    There has been a problem with the hunter style o.e.m. ballcock. I prefer a fluidmaster 400-a, as a replacement. Regards tom
    roo747 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Just found this site and I have the same problem as the original question - however, I do not see any actual solution... I have the valve pictured on the right. Is it something in the gaskets inside or can I just tighten the top screw? Valve is 5 years old. It is a
    1B1 Master made by Coast Foundary - Pomona Ca.
    Thanks
    Roo
    roo747 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 10:39 AM

Also to answer Ballenger's question - yes the water is coming out of the top of item 2 from the right picture.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2009, 10:57 AM

Agree with Tom: Fluidmaster 400A are good performers...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 11:07 AM

I agree with Tom and Milo Fluid master 400A is the best to go for, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Toilet makes loud noise and spews water from inside tank [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My toilet has been making a loud noise for a long time now - When its flushed, it sounds like a crazy hyenna sound. This sounds lasts for about ten seconds, quite a long time really. When I take the lid off the tank, it spews a single stream of water at me. So, I assume some sort of valve is...

Replace parts inside toilet tank . [ 9 Answers ]

Feel I need to replace the parts inside my toilet tank... After water has stopped, I cannot hear anything, but I sometimes notice a trickle of Water still coming into the bowl. I would like advice on best brand name to purchase so I can replace myself. Lowe's and Home Depot are in my...

Toto toilet not going down [ 3 Answers ]

Question and problem: Basement was plumbed for a future bath. Cut off cap from3 inch pvc, threw a bucket of waterinto pipe and it went away. Put on flange and installed new , top of line TOTO toilet. Filled tank with water. Flushed and water filled bowel. Did not go down for over an hour....

Soapy water coming out of toilet in a downstairs unit. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! We live in a multifamily building (building is 1.5 years old, 12 units, 3 floors- 4 units on each floor)... We are on the top floor with 2 units below us... I was just running my dishwasher and the gentleman from the office in the unit on the bottom floor (2 floors directly under us)...

View more questions Search