Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghayes71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Default judgement
    What happens when the judge grants me a default judgement for divorce ,and then ex files for a motion to vacate judgement?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:03 AM

Then you respond to her motion in court, you show how she was properly served and did not respond or show up.

And then it will be up to the judge to decide on the issue
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 02:28 PM

These are typically granted unless too much time has passed (>6 mo. For example). But there is usually not much to be gained in a default as it is. You don't get all the property awarded to you just because it's a default. The only benefit is there is no opposition to anything you allege and request.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default Judgement [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so here is my problem, I was sued by chase bank. A law firm is representing the bank and they are stating that they summoned me for a hearing on June 12, 2008 and are stating that they have proof of service which is a total lie! I never received anything in person. I was working that day and...

Unaware of default judgement /cause of judgement [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago, my husband was called by a collection agency informing him of a default judgement of over $8,000 which he had no prior knowledge of. The default judgement was 12/2005. He was told that it was for a credit card he had in 1996. He sincerely believes that he was the victim of identity...

Default judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I'am Currently Experience The Same Issue {default judgement} Can You Offer Some Advice I Don't Know Where To Start... please

Default Judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I entered into a agreement with a creditor to pay off an account I fell late on the payment and they entered a default and a judgement was ordered. I had paid 1,500 so far out of 5,000. They levied my bank account for 1,300 and now I'm afraid that they will seize my car. Can they do that if I...

Default judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I live in New York state, I had a default judgement placed against me because I didn't answer to an attorney letter, I feel I was not served properly, I want to try to get the default judgement set aside. I've been told to file a request for judicial intervention and a motion, well I found the form...

View more questions Search