Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Safe start mode
    When my computer comes on it goes into safe mode and says start windows normal and counts down, but when I hit enter to start windows a bar fills up at the bottom,when its done it just stays on that screen. PLEASE HELP
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 03:47 PM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

What operating system?

Can you get into safe mode?

Try tapping the F8 key on when starting PC and then choose the option - start with last known good configuration to see if it will go into normal mode

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get out of safe mode? [ 2 Answers ]

I know little to nothing about computers... I believe I am on safe mode since everything seems so big and none of my files are where they should be... last night my computer froze so I turned it off by pressing the "turn on " button... this moring I tried to turn it on and the screen was black with...

Computer will start in safe mode, but powers down in other modes [ 2 Answers ]

Well, the title pretty much says it all. This just started happening tonight. The computer powers down on start up after the "Windows" screen comes up and the status bar starts chugging away. I can start up fine in Safe Mode. Any ideas as to how to fix my problem? I've got a big project I...

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I think my computer is in safe mode. Do I need to keep it there? I have plenty of virus, auto updates, etc. programmed to run and keep it safe. If I need to change the setting of safe mode, please tell me how.

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using ME 2000 and cannot get out of safe mode, even after selecting normal during the start up. How can disable the start up mode and return to normal?

View more questions Search