Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    55Robert53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 06:58 AM
    My sister refuses to sign to sell my mother's house
    My sister refuses to sign to sell my mother's house because she was not told about it until the buyer made an offer. She is being hard hearted about the situation and getting information from unqualified individuals.

I would like to know if my mother and I can legally sell the house - which is in desperate need of repair - to buy her another home that she can live out her final years. My mother is 79 years old - my sister is 62 and is acting like a child. She has been a problem in our family for years and is upset because my mother made me executor to the estate after my father died because, my sister has refinanced her home 6 times and mother thought I was the most likely candidate because of my financial stability.

Also, my sister has done nothing for my mother since my father died, not even talking to her when she sees our mother. Very heartbreaking for my mother and NOW my sister is refusing to sign so mother can have a nice comfortable home for her retirement years.

Please Help. How can we get around this so my sister doesn't have to sign.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 08:10 AM

What is the ownership arrangement of the home at this time ? How is the home titled ?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 08:20 AM

Calif is right the only thing that really matters is how the house is titled. I am guessing that it it paid off already (though it may not be) but that only makes a small difference what really matters is who is on the deed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:15 AM

What does the sister have to do with it, if it is your moms house ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister refuses to allow me to buy property for same price as outside buyer [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I thank you for any help in advance. My sister and I have inherited a home. We are co-trustees and equal co-owners of the home which is fully paid for. As it is located in a lovely beach community and would be an excellent investment, I would like to fix up the property and rent it out...

Single Mother's father of her son wants to sign his rights away [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother of a 11 month old and I have been trying to get the father of my son to be involved in his sons life I have not asked for money but I did recently go through the attorney general and he requested the paternity testing and of course he showed to be the father which he just was...

Purchased something off eBay, now she refuses to sell it [ 11 Answers ]

Over 2 weeks ago, I purchased an item off eBay and won it for a certain amount, no reserve was in big bold red letters, auction ends, I win.. minutes later I receive an email stating she didn't realize no reserve, she has just purchased these items weeks prior on eBay for much more and she can't...

Employer refuses to sign 401k loan [ 1 Answers ]

I inquired about a loan of $1000 from my 401k . I was told I needed by employer to sign the loan form to allow automatic deduction from my paycheck. When I went to my employer to have him sign the form he refused stating that if I defaulted he would be liable for some or all of that loan. Is this...

Sibling refuses to move from/sell home parent left to all 4 siblings [ 2 Answers ]

My mother passed away 6 years ago and willed the family home to her 4 children equally. Three of us have our own homes but brother, never married, has lived most of his 58 years in that home. He does not want to sell and continues to live there (a duplex, 6 rooms each side). He uses one side for...

View more questions Search