Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yobo43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 06:33 AM
    Domestic violence charges?
    I was living in Colorado in 2005 with a roommate,I moved Back to Utah to be with my family
    And she was mad that I moved,I then eventually moved back to Washington
    I am now disabled and went to apply for disability and they told me that I have a 3rd degree domestic violence charge? I had no knowledge of this at all,My Colorado drivers license ended up missing when I left,I wonder if she used my license somehow.. I have no money
    I have no idea how to clear this up.I called the courts and they told me to turn myself in
    How do you get a domestic violence like this? I was not in any kind of relationship with her I am straight and getting ready to get married now.this is unbelievable to me.any suggestions out there?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:31 AM

You need an attorney, first you have to find out if this is really you, not someone with a similar name.

Next you may be charged, in which case there is a warrant out for your arrest, so you will need to return, post bond and face the charges.

They don't need your drivers license to do all of this.
    Scared gota dui Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 01:44 PM

My god dude that's sounds awful. Fr_Chuck is right though, you need an attorney ASAP as well as return to where the charges were filed because you might not know about it, but there could be a warrant out for your arrest or something along those lines. Now do you not have money because of your own spending, or because your identity might have been stolen because that is possible with just your drivers license. I'm only asking because I'm kind of confused about the lack of money statement. Please let me know what you decide to do as well as how it turns out. I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. God Bless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic violence [ 6 Answers ]

Say someone reports a domestic assault by a spouse to a cop in New York city but had a change of heart and decide not to press charges. Can the destrict attorny prosecute without the cooperation of the accuser.

Domestic violence [ 3 Answers ]

Look my boyfriend went to jail got a 100 thousand dollar bail for domestic violence, came home 2 days later to his moms where he is now. What I want to know is when I go to court I am going to tell the truth I just don't want him to go to jail or be fined because we have a newborn together. What...

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend was fighting I called the police they issued a warrant he went to jail, I got a summons to go to court as a complaint but I don't want him to go to jail so how should I convince the judge that I want to dismiss the case because I rather we stay away from each other.

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know why if you turn some one in why don't you do any thing. My daughter went with a man who we thought was very nice till my daughter started supporting black and burses. I turn him in to the Redford po;ice for beating the hell out of my daughter and they put him in jail for the...

View more questions Search