Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnywootxp Posts: 103, Reputation: -2

Oct 25, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Iam going to build my first computer are these parts compatible?
    Hi Everyone

Iam going to build my first computer can anybody tell me if all these parts are compatible?And anything missing? I have a hard drive and video card.
    Here are they...

Newegg.com - Intel BOXDP45SG LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX DDR3 Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - Rosewill R103A Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 350W Power Supply with 20+4 pin connector - Computer Cases

Thanks
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 11:06 PM

Looks good so far.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 31, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnywootxp
    And anything missing? I have a hard drive and video card.
    CD/DVD-Drive, keyboard, mouse, monitor?

Possibly:
    • Miscellaneous or longer cables than what come with the motherboard.
    • More memory - Windows 7?

Hard drive needs to have a SATA interface to plug into this board without a PATA adapter.

The video card needs to have a PCI or PCI-Express interface (not AGP) to fit this board.

Also, Intel® Processors and Boards Compatibility Tool indicates BIOS revision 0117 or greater is needed to support the E7300. Depending on the manufacture date of the motherboard you receive, the BIOS may need upgrading.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 04:15 PM

I would definitely look into some more memory. 1GB is an absolute minimum now-a-days.

As mentioned by Scleros, make sure that the hard drive and video card will be accepted by this motherboard.

And I would probably get a PSU with some more power to it. 350W is weak, especially if you plan to upgrade and especially if you have a higher end graphics card.

What where you planning to use this PC for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are parts from 1983-86 750cc and 100cc Honda Magnas compatible [ 1 Answers ]

Are parts from 1983-86 500cc, 750cc and 1100cc Honda Magnas compatible I recently bought a clean titled 1984 v65 1100C magna and want to know if parts are compatible with any other similar year smaller engine models

Tried to build a computer and nothing happening? [ 1 Answers ]

I built my computer a day ago. I turned it on and the computer is powering one everything. All the fans are working, there is power to the motherboard, graphic card is working. The problem is that nothing is coming on the screen. No message saying that OS is not found or anything. Monitor is in...

Computer Build fails to load [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I am in real need for help. :confused: I decided to 'upgrade my co, Basically fitting all new components into my old Soprano case. So trying: Amd Athlon 64 5200 dual core AM2, boxed In Abit NF-M2SV Socket AM2 motherboard w/ Patriot Signature line 2Gb PC6400 DDR2 w/...

Computer Build [ 1 Answers ]

Ok... so I don't know the details on computers and how thy work. All I know is that you put it all together and they work... sorta. Anyway, a friend of mine gave me a shopping list for a new computer and I would like to get some opinions on it. He based the system on the fact we like to play games...

View more questions Search