Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john p Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Schooling for child
    Can I enroll my daughter in school with out having custodial parentship? If I'm not able to please give me some tips as to how I might be able to enroll her. Thank you!

john p
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 01:44 PM

Well I guess if you don't tell them you don't, how will they know, In all the years I moved my boys from city to city, I was never asked that question once
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 02:54 PM

Can you give us a hint as to what parentship you do have ?

Does your state deisgnate legal and physical ?

What type of custody do you have over your child.
    john p Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 11:37 AM

Well right now I have been given verbal temporary custody of my daughter from her mother. But all I have had for the last 2 years is visitations every other weekend.
    aaj2008 Posts: 139, Reputation: 7

Oct 26, 2008, 11:41 AM

Verbal temporary custody.. You have to go to a court to get custody... thats kidnapping buddy.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by john p View Post
    well right now i have been given verbal temporary custody of my daughter from her mother. but all i have had for the last 2 years is visitations every other weekend.
    OK, right now it seems she has given you physical custody. You really need to go to court to make it stick. Do you know if you were granted 50% legal custody ? Then if you register your children in school and they refuse you can sue them.

But please get the current custody situation cleared up. You can call your local Bar Assc and ask about findinfg a lawyer. Also too if you were paying child support you need to have the custody changed so you won't owe it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home schooling bad? [ 8 Answers ]

Is home schooling a bad thing?

Can you do the schooling on your own? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you take hairstyling courses through corespondance?? If so would that be enough for a college course? :confused :confused:

No schooling [ 2 Answers ]

How can you get into a good college for cosmotology if your high school doesn't even teach it?? :(

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search