Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snookums Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Suffering from depression when crime was committed
    When I was arrested for embezzlement I was sufffering from depression my 20yr. Old son just came back from Iraq on June 3, 2008 and My 40 yr. old younger brother died unexpectly of a heart attack on June 11.2008 and I had to have heart surgrey on July 16,2008. Will the court take all of that into consideration I have no record at all and now they have me on medicine for depression I have heart trouble I had a heart attack 4 years ago and I am a insulin dependent diabetic.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 11:56 AM

How can your mental and physical health problems be an excuse for embezzlement? I'm sorry you made the choice to embezzle, if in fact you did.

For us to give you concrete help, please tell us more about the situation rather than about your personal problems.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 12:07 PM

It has no meaning in the trial, in the sentencing phase you may see if your attorney can present this for consideration in process.

Oct 25, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snookums View Post
    when i was arrested for embezzlement i was sufffering from depression my 20yr. old son just came back from Iraq on June 3, 2008 and My 40 yr. old younger brother died unexpectly of a heart attack on June 11.2008 and I had to have heart surgrey on July 16,2008. will the court take all of that into consideration i have no record at all and now they have me on medicine for depression i have heart trouble i had a heart attack 4 years ago and i am a insulin dependant diabetic.
    what I am asking is I was under a lot of medication when I went back to work and can I use that in my defense

Oct 25, 2008, 12:12 PM

Thank you Fr_chuck for your advise. Do you think I could maybe get probation and fine or is it always jail time in the sentencing? The police told me with my clean record it would work in my favor.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 12:13 PM

A public defender or lawyer you hire will look at the facts of the situation and will examine them to find out, for instance, if the law was followed as you were arrested and charged. He/she will research your meds to figure out how their use could have contributed to your breaking the law. That information plus your good record may, like the police said, work in your favor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you have someone committed for depression and thoughts of suicide [ 6 Answers ]

How can you have someone committed into a hospital for depression and thoughts of suicide? She has lost her kids, her boyfriend beats her every other day and she blames family for all that has gone wrong. Won't admit to police about boyfriend and now says she is going to kill herself by the 20th of...

Am suffering Depression? [ 6 Answers ]

I think I may have a problem. Here goes: I am 21... this is supposed to be the "best year" of my life... well it's almost over. Ever since graduation, I feel alone. All my friends, ALL of my friends drifted away from one another, and some seem to be enjoying their lives much more than I am....

Need definition of natural crime and legal crime [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing a college paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime and am searching for simple definitions or other research on these two types of crime and what falls under each. Thanks:)

Natural crime v. Legal crime [ 3 Answers ]

Define natural crime v. legal crime

Natural crime and legal crime [ 2 Answers ]

It appears I am up and have the same class now. I need a little assitance in getting a paper for the topic of natural crime and legal crime. Can some one help a brother out?

View more questions Search