Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amethys218 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 09:17 AM
    How to install overhead microwave?
    I have a spacesaver xl microwave. I need to install it above my stove. I have the metal bracket looking thing. How do I intall it properly?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 06:57 PM

Contact GE for a free template that gets taped to the wall. The template shows where the screws go to ount it to the wall at the correct height. Without that template do not even start this project. Sometimes you can get a download for the template. http://www.myapstore.com/Omega/Dispa...support/parts/
    02dodgeman Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 05:56 AM

I installed one myself not long ago, you could use the bracket as your template but still need the directions for the proper mounting hight. The bracket should have several holes along the top and bottom of the bracket that is to allow you to mount the bracket to a wall stud in two locations if possible and by using the screws recommended. I hope this will be of some help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I install an overhead microwave oven? [ 4 Answers ]

It doesn't really matter what brand at this point. I just want to be sure I can do it and have the necessary tools. Many thanks in advance

Install overhead microwave over [ 1 Answers ]

We are replacing an overhead microwave, the refurbished came with no instructions, How do we install, and what do we need to buy at the home depot first?

Overhead Microwave Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I have a used Whirlpool Microwave/micro-hood model MH6150XHQ-0 with no installation instructions or hardware other than the 2 screws for the attachment to the overhead cabinets. I need to know how to install this appliance and is there other mounting hardware I need to find?

Removing an overhead microwave [ 1 Answers ]

We are looking to replace our overhead microwave but can't figure out how to remove the old so we can install the new. Can anyone help?

Overhead microwave range [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install an overhead microwave?

View more questions Search