Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hikari Clover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 03:43 AM
    few multiple choice qts about exchange rate
    1. Assume that the price levels in two countries are constant. In this situation, we know that:

A neither the real nor the nominal exchange rate can change.
    B the real exchange rate can change, while the nominal exchange rate is constant.
    C the nominal exchange rate can change, while the real exchange rate is constant.
    D the real and nominal exchange rate must move together, changing by the same percentage.

2. Between 1973 and 1999, annual inflation in developing nations that export mainly manufactured goods averaged 23 percent, compared with an average 59 percent in countries that mainly export raw materials. Other things being equal, the PPP theory would predict that, in the long run, the currencies of the countries exporting raw materials should have

A been approximately stable relative to the currencies of countries exporting manufactured goods.
    B appreciated relative to the currencies of countries exporting manufactured goods.
    C depreciated relative to the currencies of countries exporting manufactured goods.
    D had no predictable relationship to the currencies of countries exporting manufactured goods.

3. pose policy makers want to increase output (Y) and keep net exports (NX) constant. Which of the following policies would most likely achieve this?
    A an increase in government spending
    B a real depreciation
    C an increase in government spending and a decrease in the real exchange rate
    D an increase in the real exchange rate

At each value of the domestic interest rate, increases in the riskiness of domestic assets _____ capital inflows, _____ capital outflows and _____ net capital inflows.
    A increase; increase; increase
    B increase; increase; decrease
    C increase; decrease; increase
    D decrease; increase; decrease

In an open economy with a given level of real interest rates and risk, a decrease in real interest rates abroad will _____ capital inflows and _____ the equilibrium domestic real interest rate.
    A increase; increase
    B increase; decrease
    C increase; not change
    D decrease; increase

A country with a low saving rate tends to have a _____ domestic real interest rate that will _____ capital inflows.
    A high; attract
    B high; discourage
    C high; not affect
    D low; attract

Australia's recent large trade deficits

A are a serious policy problem as they reflect speculative investments that are unlikely to provide sufficient returns.
    B are unusual compared with earlier years and reflect large government budget deficits.
    C are not unusual compared with earlier years and should not pose a problem as long as the foreign savings are well invested in the Australian economy.
    D are a result of unfair trading practices by Australia's trading partners and pose a serious problem for Australian policy makers.

As the dollar exchange rate, e, decreases, the quantity of dollars supplied in the foreign exchange market ____ and the quantity of dollars demanded in the foreign exchange market ____.
    A increases; increases
    B increases; decreases
    C does not change; does not change
    D decreases; increases

dats all
    I lost my textbook yesterday,not able to check the answers:(

thanks in advance
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 25, 2008, 03:47 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

I have a few questions I can't figure out... 1. When converting from cash basis to accrual basis accounting, which of the following adjustments should be made to cash receipts from customers to determine accrual basis service revenue? A subtract ending accounts receivable B subtract beg...

Multiple Choice [ 2 Answers ]

if you have to guess on two multiple choice questions had five choices, what is the probability that you guess correctly on both guesses?

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this question? Which of the following would be classified in a different major section of a balance sheet from the others? a. Capital stock. b. Common stock subscribed. c. Stock dividend distributable. d. Stock investment in affiliate.

Multiple Choice, Please help me [ 2 Answers ]

Of the following different types of securities, which is typically considered most risky? a) Certificates of deposit b) Long term government bonds c) common stocks of large companies d) U.S. treasury bills

View more questions Search