Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ycoetzee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Internet Explorer could not open the search page.
    I have Windows XP home edition. Overnight I have problems opening windows explorer. I have three computers connected to the one rooter. Only the one computer (all the sudden) will not connect to the internet. 1. I first changed and swapped around network cables, that did not work. 2. I installed a new Network card, still does not work (DEVICE manager says the device is working properly). I have uninstalled it and installed it. 3. I removed the network card and put it back, still nothing. 3. I have obviously switched off the rooter and on again, nothing. 4. I have repaired the connection, nothing. 5. I have released and renewed IP configs in cmd, nothing. 5. It says the Local Area Connection is connected. 6. Diagnose connection problems: error "could not make a http connection", "could not make an https connection", "could not make an FTP connection". Please can someone help.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 24, 2008, 11:46 PM

Call our internet provider they can usually talk you through it, they are usually pretty good..
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 25, 2008, 11:53 PM

Iam sorry I didn't help you , but you need to tell us the whole story before anyone can help yo including where you live... Sorry that was no help to you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer Could not open the search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop that is running Win XP SP2 which was formated recently. I do not have the restore CD so I proceeded to the Lenovo site to download the drivers. I downloaded from the internet, the wireless and Ethernet drivers using my desktop PC and installed both on the...

Internet explorer could not open the search page [ 1 Answers ]

I have IBM laptop (Thinkpad) .& I have problem with Internet explorer the problem is coming that "Internet explorer could not open the search page ."

IE: Internet explorer could not find the search page [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell Laptop with Windows XP installed. I was using IE to browse web regularly. Resently I installed Spyware and also executed - which indicated some infections and I cliked on button to remove. After this activity I tried to connect to NET from IE - but after few seconds a...

Internet Explorer cannot open search page [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Everyone... I have set up 3 computers for Internet and the 3rd one does not work correctly when going out to the Internet. I am able to dial out and connect with my provider (Chilitech) and even get the main page from Chilitech. When I go to click on a link or anything off the main page -...

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

View more questions Search