Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Starting up PC
    When I turn my PC on it goes to a black screen and says OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix this problem please.

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 09:39 PM

Hard drive connection failure. You can check the BIOS by pressing the F2 or Delete key or whatever it might say on screen when you first turn it on, something tells you what to hit.

Once you get into the BIOS, root around for where it shows you your installed hard drives... bet you'll find nothing there.

Of that is the case, you'll need to get someone to look in the case, maybe check the cabling, you'll possibly need a new hard drive. Hope you keep backups of your important files. :(

========
    If you DO find a hard drive listed in the BIOS, insert a Windows CD that matches your installed operating system and boot from that CD, then follow the onscreen instructions to do a REPAIR installation. This should fix the installation and not touch your personal files.

Let us know.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 10:47 PM

As mentioned, check your BIOS

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Over? What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for just over a year now. She has been acting a little funny for a little less than a week now. Today we talked and she came to the conclusion that she wants to start over as friends and move on from there. When I started giving my input, I said that I don't...

Starting over? [ 26 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend because he changed. After about two years of dating he has become careless with the relationship. Just hanging out with his friends more than with me, callling me less. It's like he lost interest. I talked to him about it... and he denied it. He tried to excuse himself...

Starting a biz [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of test do I have do? I want to start a thrift store

Starting with Me [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the artist who sings this country song?

View more questions Search