Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dballas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Bullying and harassment
    I apolgize for any mis spelled words or typos. My 14 yr old son has been harassed and bullyied every day all day at school since the beginning of the school year.THis is done in front of teachers. Sometimes the kids are yelled at and sometimes they are not. My son will yell at the kids to stop and the teacher will yell at him to stop yelling at them.Its usually the same kids that do it . To make the matter worse the vice principal came up to my son and told him that his pants look disgusting(my son is big for his age and wears the tight pants that all the kids wear and by no means is he violating any dress codes) in the middle of a crowded lunch room in front of a bunch of kids who all laughed at him.. I verified this story from a bunch of kids that heard it so I know its true now this is when the bullying got worse they figure that if mr.allen can do it its OK and that's when my son started not wanting to go to school. Getting up in the morning coming home early saying he didn't feel well. He has issues with himself being so big he's not fat he is just big I believe that he is short on self esteem and this just took what little he had away. Being that a figure of authority said that to him someone that kids are supposed to look up to.now whether this man was just joking or not is not this issue if he had something to say to my son he should have been taken aside and this should have been said in private. Now according to the parent student handbook and the website on line there is a zero tolerance for bullying and harassment. If they enforced their policy on zero tolerance for bullying and harassment we wouldn't be here.My son wants togo to school he doesn't want to go to this school I recently just bought a house its not like I can pick up and move. He does fairly well and attends a tech college that is offered through the school. He is a good kid he has his faults but other than the few faults he has he is a good kid I'm not one of those parents the says oh no not my kid I don't think that I go though anything else then other parents do with their teenagers.
    To make matters worse my son pulled the fire alarm at school today he got suspended for ten days now they will enforce their policies. That also came with legal charges. And a meeting in front of the school board. I believe that someone told him he pulled the fire alrm he would get expelled and then he could go to a different school. After hearing about what was said to him by the vice principal. I paid a visit to the superientendant of school who seemed like he was trying to justify the vice principal action and I ended up walking out of his office. I then didn't know what my next step would be so I went to the state reps office in our town. She gave me some info on the procedures for filling a complaint against the school board. I then talked to the principal about this and it just seems like everyone is just trying to justify this man behavior. And the fact that they didn't enforce the policys that are posted. Stating that he is depressed and that he has problems at home( divorce) He has very many positive role models in his life his father hasn't always been there for him and is just starting to come around.which I always always encourage. On top of everything else the same kid that has been harassing him knocked on my door and said that the principal told him that my son blamed the fire alarm incident on him which is not true because my son did this on purpose. Now whether its true I don't believe this women should have never said this to him and I'm afaid to ask how this kid knew where we lived. And now I'm wondering if this kid got suspended.I want to file a complaint against the school board.I feel we wouldn't be here if they did their jobs to begin with I also contacted the president of the school board a few days ago I left a mess.havent heard from him I contact the pa dept of education the person in charge of complaits and harassment and bullying haven't heard from anybody
    Where do I go. Can I get a lawyer I can't afford one will one be provided for me if I need one.I don't think I forgot anything regarding the situation please respond as soon as possible I thank you so much
    abbymimi Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2008, 08:28 PM

My son was also harassed and bullied during some of his teen years. Pray for him to find one friend. Just one. Also, remind him every day that this won't last forever. He has only a couple of years left.

In my county, we have open enrollment. You can choose to go to a different school. We also have a community college that offers a diploma program.

Don't let anyone tell you that the diploma program is not the same as a high school graduation. It basically is. You can go to a community college and transfer to a four year institution like most kids do.

Again, pray for one friend. Remind him daily this doesn't last forever .

You may want to consider home schooling. I thought it would be too hard for me to do, but my neighbor did it and it turned out pretty well...
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 09:13 PM

Your situation sounds awful. Whether they try justifying it or not, were the school rules broken? If he is being bullied daily in class, right in front of the teacher, talk to the teacher too.

I wish I had a better answer for you. When my third grader was bullied, I went to talk to her teacher. Three times I spoke to her. Then the principal got involved. They just stuck up for each other. The bullying continued. When I found out that she had been passed over repeatedly (6 months of requests) for a desk change due to sharing a desk with someone who talked constantly, made fun of her and copied her work, I was appalled. I had a serious talk with my child after she came home from school crying again and made the same, "I don't feel good" excuses.

I pulled her out of school. She is now homeschooled. It can be a challenge, to say the least. She needs to interact with kids her own age more. But she is not bullied. I am not placated and lied to by principals or teachers.

The public school system, in many areas of the US is extremely pressured and underfunded. Students are required now, to pass tests. The teachers are required to not only prepare them for the tests, but to "leave no one behind." OMG! There is not much time left over for helping them develop social skills.

Is there a private school you could enroll him in that would take payments or offer a scholarship?
    badharrasment Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 05:37 PM
    My opinion would be to pull him out of school sounds like a bad one espeacially if the vice princepal said something mean if he was still in school I would talk to the school board and try seeing if that helps but your best option is home schooled or private school

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet bullying [ 15 Answers ]

I belong to a dating site and have belonged to it for 2 years now.. I have had a great time there and made some friends.. A woman joined a few months back who doesn't like me and 3 other women on the site. She has become very abusive to us in the chat room to the point of being banned only to...

Third Party harassment? [ 2 Answers ]

Since my Ex moved back last month, he began stalking me and my new boyfriend. I finally got fed up and got a retraining order on him after he was walking his dog at 7:30 am in the park behind my house when he lives 3 citys away. Before he was served, his mom found out about the order and has now...

Harassment Charges in PA? [ 1 Answers ]

When a person files a police report for harassment what is the procedure? Is there any paperwork that should be obtained from the officer after the initial report or does one get a copy of it?

Is it harassment [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé works in a restaurant and her manager stands on top of her makes her feel uncomfertable and he has made other girls there very self conscious ( staring at there chest). She reported the problem of him being this way and her other managers said they didn't see it so it didn't happen. He...

Landlord harassment [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to take my landlord to small claims court what can I claim? He has made no repairs on my apt since I moved in and then he tries to monitor who comes in and out of my apt and how long they stay. He questions my teenager and guest who come to my apt. I have called the police on him since...

View more questions Search