Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    McNuggy@LMC Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Thanks nymph, I have quit before, my will is strong its just that the physical and psychological habit is now more ingrained than it was the first time I gave the freakin things away. Slowly slowly catchee monkey I think the saying goes and that's how I`m doing it. Cheers mate.

Oh nice nic by the way, very umm interpretable for lack of a better word (and the fact that this is a "community board for all ages" so I can't very well be running off at the mouth about your nic can I? ) have fun y`all
    cchotiner333 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 03:50 AM
    Hi. Until last year, on March 29, I was also a smoker. I don't know all of the dynamics of it, but I'm telling you, I talked myself out of it. I didn't have the money to buy aids. I quit cold turkey, and it was hard, very hard, but I did it and I know in my heart that I will never go back to it. I have built something up in my mind to stop it from running my life. I have taken a piece of my life back. I want to live and I want my children to know how wrong it is so smoke and how dangerous. Every time I think about them, I remind myself what they did to my body and anyone else around me. It helps not being around others that smoke for a while, so if that's possible for you, do that. Think about the good things that will come out of you quitting! Three big things for me were, not being able to breathe right and having chest pains, and I love to sing but my voice was getting so raspy and gross that I just had to hum along with the songs that I listened to, instead of singing along. Now as badly as I may sing, at least I can again, and my chances of dying from heart attack or stroke are starting to really go down now!
    I also saw on television that there is this person that actually talks you out of smoking(kinda like I did, don't you think?). This lady on a talk show wanted to quit and the host sent her to this person and she did quit so there is definitely something to this theory of mine.
    Well, I hope that in all of my rambling there is a message to be had. I hope it helps you on your way to becoming smoke-free.
    bekki_b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 12:50 AM
    I'm now on my 6th day of being a non smoker, ( I don't like to refer to it as giving something up, but prefer to see it as gaining my health back :) ) You may find Allan carrs easy way to stop smoking a good read ;)

Jun 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
    its great to see this thread still continuing, I`m still on the death sticks.

bahhhhhhhh

the longest I went without so far is four days.

then my old man died.

so I`m back on them still.

good luck to all trying to quit. I did a little arithmetic and found out I could have bought a bentley with the money I have spent. Damn that stings.

and one other thing, nymph your little line under your name made me cack myself. Very humorous. I like it. I also like saggy boobs that cover ankles. Want to go out sum time LOL
    Amsterdamm Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Jun 16, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I started smoking at an unusually late age: 22; fast forward 10 years to today, I decided to give it up. It's been 11 day, 21 hours, 16 minutes, 25 seconds. At 1.1 packs a day, figure it being $4.10 a pack here locally; that's saved me $55.57 dollars -- but more importantly. I have not smoked 261.516 cigarettes.

If you chose to use a quitting device (gum, patch, pills); those things only help, they don't cure. The only way to quit is to have it in your heart to do so.

Good luck, God Bless and Nuke Iran.

Jun 16, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdamm
    1.1 packs a day, figure it being $4.10 a pack here locally; that's saved me $55.57 dollars -- but more importantly. I have not smoked 261.516 cigarettes /// Good luck, God Bless and Nuke Iran.

That's the way I`m looking at it now champ, although stupid me isn't thinking about the thousands and thousands of the farkn things I smoke every year

I`m thinking about my wallet.

And I thought I wasn't materialistic. :o

Someone call my therapist I`m having a brainfart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mother Drama [ 14 Answers ]

I recently entered into a loving relationship with a wonderful man,but he has a child with a young lady who makes our relationship together very fustrating, obviously she hasn't let him go or in her mind they are still together.Everything we do together is a problem to his baby mother,it has gotten...

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Hypnosis for quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

I am thinking of trying hypnosis to quit smoking. Has anybody tried it, or had it work for them. I'm going to go to a session in July to see what it's all about. I want to quit smoking and I've heard that there are a lot of things to help, I think that to change your behaviour you have to change...

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

Dress color drama [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have dcided to have something different for grad, so I decided that I am going to have a tekchita made for my grad dress. This style is from morocco,africa. Anyhow, I can't decide what color to have my tekchita. I have fair skin tone, hazelish green eyes, my face shape I guess is round,I'm...

View more questions Search