Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonpotts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Error code 19 in Windows Vista
    Received error code 19 when installing the driver for Canon Printer MP970. It has something to do with corruption or missing data in the windows registry. Would appreciate any help you can give me.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 03:18 PM

1. Disconnect the printer from your computer
    2. Click on Start > Printers and Faxes
    3. Right-click on the printer and Delete it
    4. Answer Yes
    5. Go back to your printer's manual and follow the printer's instruction for installing. Some printers have you install drivers from a CD first, including maintenance software, and then connect the printer at a specific step in the process. Follow the instructions carefully.
    jonpotts Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 08:40 PM
    Thanks JB. I tried your procedure but it didn't work. I did find my answer through another source. I edited the registry, found the folder for imaging and then deleted the lower filters file.
    The scanner now works perfectly. It was an easy solution to a problem I had been working on for several hours. Thanks again.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 10:47 PM

Ugh, you post a problem that appears to be about a printer, then it turns out to be a scanner... oh well, bit of tail-chase then.

Glad you got it working, though, I know how frustrating this stuff gets. If you don't mind posting a link to your final solution, that would be great!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 08:28 PM

Check this link for info on code 19

Upperfilters
    Follow method 2 on this link, if this does not resolve problem, the changes you may have made will not effect your computer operation in any way - even if you do not get error 31 follow these steps
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Vista CD Key Code [ 3 Answers ]

THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR A CD KEY WHAT SO EVER!! Now that is cleared up, time for the question. I recently purchased *another* laptop with Vista Home Premium, so now 2 computers, practally identical HP DV9000. Both computers were bought from a big box company (so not from pawn shops...

Windows Vista error [ 5 Answers ]

Cannot, create, file, c:\windows\system32\lang\wzrdlang.bin

Error sending email with Vista (windows mail) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding trying to attachments. Whenever I try to send something or sometimes I try to reply on certain things I have a box that comes up and won't ever let me send anything. Why? This is what the box comes up and says: host XXX could not be found, subject, account, POP3...

Windows Vista Premium Error 8024402C [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Unable to get Microsoft Windows Update, error 8024402C on Windows Vista Premium with Norton Security. Michel..

View more questions Search