Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khaye21 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 09:48 AM
    How to deal with braggy person?
    I've met the girlfriend of my friend, she's so proud of her self talking too much about her. She feel that she's the only person who can do great things. I feel she's competing with me, yet I'm humble even she starts talking about her great deeds. Seems like she's waiting for appraisal. Even with material things, she's really proud of what she had up to the extent that it looks really awkward.:rolleyes:
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 02:52 PM

Ignore her, avoid her, tell her that bragging is boastful and is a sin. You choose.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Hi, khaye21!

I would suggest being upfront with her about the way you are feeling, but at the same time being tactful in doing so.

You could start by saying someone to her like, "You know [her name], I'm really having a challenge right now, and I know that you're the person that would be able to help me to solve it. Would you be willing to help me?"

You then go on to describe, without being accusing, how the way that she is speaking and acting is making you feel, and then ask her if she could suggest a solution that might make you feel more comfortable being around her.

Puts the "ball in her court", so to speak, and also gives her a chance to become big because of being a part of the solution to your problem, (even though it's mostly really hers).

That's called, winning without intimidation.

I do wish you well in this endeavor! :

Thanks!

Oct 24, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Thank you...
    I like your answer. :)
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 11:18 PM

Thanks, khaye21!

How old are you and how old is the girlfriend of your friend, please? Just curious, as it might help to know that in order to give you the best insight here...

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2008, 06:33 PM
    She's 20, I'm a year older and incidentally were of the same day of birth. His boyfriend is my boyfriend's best friend. She said she want me to be her friend but the way she talk seems like comparing her self to others and so great about many things.

Nov 1, 2008, 05:06 PM
    I want to join the social groups, how?
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 09:37 PM

Hi, khaye21!

Are you meaning the social groups on this site? If you are, then they should be on your profile page underneath the heading of Networking. If for some reason they don't appear, it might be because you don't have enough posts yet to join one. I'm not really sure about them appearing or not appearing though, because we recently went through a site upgrade where a bunch of new things were added. I do know that some things here aren't available until a person has a certain number of posts.

If you're meaning other kinds of social groups, please let me know.

In addition to what I've already suggested to you a number of days ago, it does sound like she could also be somewhat insecure with herself.

I hope that you're doing well, khaye21!

Thanks!

Nov 2, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Hi Clough

You're right about what I mean, the social group

Nov 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Hi Clough

Thanks for your advices and sugggestions. I also have the same conclusion about her.

This week we will meet again for such event, I hope I can handle her attitude being nice but her talks might be another bag of air for herself. I can't ignore her for the sake of his BF who used to be a family friend to us.

Is there any actions I can do to show her that I don't like her personality? I think she won't change..

(I think I'm not so great in composing my messages,hope you'll understand.)

Thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 01:13 PM

Does she have good qualities? What are they?

Nov 4, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Good qualities.. Well I think she's very approachable & open minded. Know what, I can't open other topics if she started talking. Very loquacious person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

What's the deal? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 days late and for the last four days I have been having some brownish blood/discharge. What does this mean?

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

What's the Deal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been regular since I have been off the pill as of march and September was when I had my last period. It is now October, about a week ago for about a total of 5 minutes I bleed a little and that was it. In my life since puberty, I have had irregular periods till 7 years ago I have been on...

View more questions Search