Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psychomom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 09:31 AM
    9 foot walls
    What a mess. Presswood floor in the bathroom got wet. Had to cut it all out and lay down a new floor. Of course that calls for removing the tub.. etc. As you remove a 5' tub from a 5' hole we caused wall damage. VS putting in drywall I would like to put up paneling... but we have angled ceilings going from 8' to 9'... I can't find 9' paneling. If I cut the shortage area, is it better to match at the bottom or the top? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Oct 24, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Learn from your flooring fiasco and don't put anything wood in the bathroom: panelling is not a good idea. Neither is regular drywall. Consider tile or some other waterproof covering on a cement board underlay around the tub. Use greenboard everywhere else.
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 24, 2008, 11:38 AM
    I agree, no paneling in the bath.

Paneling is kind of out anyway, green board drywall would less and easier to work with, and good coat of gloss or semi gloss paint will look good.

If you can't do the whole thing, patch what is damaged for now and try and match it.

A pro finisher would probably do it for a reasonable price and may match it up pretty good.

Good luck Roger
    psychomom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'll look for the green board drywall. (humorous note - we did a "remodel" in our other bathroom and found out that we are not good drywall finishers). I did not plan on doing paneling in the entirety.. only wainscoting (sp?)... but thought this would be a quick fix. NOTE - this is a double wide home, that we are going to sell very soon as we are building a new home (with real contractors.. ha ha) - but we are trying to cut costs as much as we can. (and save the marriage). We have already finished with the floor and installed vinyl over it. (Trafficmaster Allure Tile, Corfu Resilient Vinyl Plank).

Thanks again!
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 26, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I see, well you could put up solid tile up part way to cover new dry wall.

4x4 solid color tile are only .14 each at home depot, that's 1.26 SF plus mastic and grout and will give you something you can sell? Rent a small tile cutter there too, these tile are thin and easy to cut.

50 sf should be under $150 total for everything, and will be worth many times that to the value of your home.

Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

What do you all think about Big Foot? [ 5 Answers ]

Searching For Bigfoot: HomePage What do you think?:eek:

Foot problems from a crush to the foot [ 3 Answers ]

Have a sligt rise on my right foot half way down the front of my foot... higher than it should but when I compare it to my left foot it looks very different.I just had a crush ijury three weeks ago

My Foot [ 1 Answers ]

I injured my foot in a basketball game, on the inside of it, in the middle, near the bottom. It hurts to walk down hills, cut, and plant it when I kick. There was bruis and swelling whe it happened, this was almost a month ago, and it still bothers me. I know there are a lot of tiny little bones in...

Foot pain and swelling top cneter portion of my foot [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The top of my foot is swollen and in pain. Thye took and exray and it showed degenerative changes in my foot? What does that mean? :confused:

View more questions Search