Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sriyam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Online issue
    Hello:

I recently ordered cable and internet services from Charter Communications and used online chat service in the process. It was a "Winter Bundle" and I was supposed to get the complete package installed free of charge. I am pasting a part of the transcript that was later sent to my email.

"Valeria: I'm sorry I've never noticed that before, that needs to be fixed, but
    what I can offer you is a free installation if you want to go ahead and sign up
    for auto-payment.
    Srikanth Yamala: i am not going for auto-payment...even if it is your
    mistake...you should offer me the installation for 49.99
    Srikanth Yamala: that is why i signed-up...and i have it documented.
    Valeria: You're set, the installation charge is 49.99.
    Valeria: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Srikanth Yamala: great. thank you. now will i get a confirmation number and a
    transcript to my email"

NOW THE TRANSCRIPT WAS CHANGED AND WAS SENT TO MY EMAIL WITH THE CHANGE. INSTEAD OF $49.99 IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE "free".

Even the tone of the conversation suggests that I was referring to the free installation and was not willing to pay $49.99 for installation as the Charter website during the month of May advertised.

Now is it possible that I can take a legal action because the transcript was changed on purpose and I am billed $49.99. With the latest technology, is there a possibility that the exact transcript could be traced out?

Many thanks in advance.

Srikanth Yamala
    sriyam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2006, 06:40 PM
    Follow-up on the "Online issue":

I have attached a screenshot in PDF that shows $0.00 as the installtion fee. Thanks.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Microsoft PowerPoint - cha.pdf (106.1 KB, 289 views)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2006, 08:26 PM
    As one who has used Charter for years, while their customer service has fallen some as they have reduced overhead and the number of employees I understand.

I have found that if you first actually talk to a real person on the phone and perhaps get the supervisor on the phone if you have to, they are very willing to give credits and allowances.

I do not want to say exactly what they did for me, but when I was afraid I was going to have to cancell my services ( I have cable TV and internet from them) and would have phone if they offered it in my area.
    But they worked out all the issues very nicely and I have never had a problem with them working out the details if there was a problem.

And I will add that all of their contract workers I have used in my area are very nice ( not all as smart on computers) but willing to help.
    My only real problem with them at all, it seems like every time they add or change something at a main connection box down the road from me, I lose internet and have to get them to reset them from the main office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online Dating [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have any experience with online dating?  Does it work well?  In particular, has anyone tried www.online-dating-personals.com ? Thanks

Where shall I buy online and what brand [ 7 Answers ]

Its very interesting I have been using an automatic Nikon D-200 camera, that I purchased online from Microglobe- retailer of photographic equipment in London UK, result is excellent, but someone advised me to check manual one, and it would return you better result than automatic, I am confused, is...

Having trouble getting online. [ 3 Answers ]

On my grandpa's laptop, I cannot get online. I can get connected, but the browser will not show anything. I am a limited user and I think that is the problem. If anyone can help me, reply to this post. The computer is giving me trouble beyond belief. It's making me so :mad: :mad: :mad: !

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

Online Books [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Could any one please give me the free online books for c programming

View more questions Search