Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2006, 06:09 PM
    North American Union
    http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=14965

In my opinion, the only way to end many of our current problems such as immigration, is to open all borders and creat a North American Union. Canada, America and Mexico become all one country.

My question is, what will we gain and what will we lose in the process? Will it create more oportunities for the common person? Good or bad?:confused:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2006, 06:42 PM
    I disagree.

Perhaps a North American Currency.

Perhaps one immigration policy for our entire continent so no more border crossings.

But being one nation? I don't think so.

Also, impossible.

I take it you are an American?

Canada has enough problems of its own without joining another country. The battle b/w English Canada and French Canada has gone on for centuries, etc.

Also the differences in the religious aspects.

America is a far more religious country than Canada for example.

And Mexico? Their economy and policies is so far behind the other 2 that just joining all 3 would just cause many problems and not that many solutions.

Ok, now that I just read the article, it is talking about a North American Union similar to a European Union. That might be feasible, but it might not.

Pros: Free movement, save money on border security
    Cons: No way to monitor those who are coming into your country. Americans could smuggle in guns, Mexicans could smuggle in drugs for example. And less money for government coffers.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2006, 06:50 PM
    So into Canada, "Americans could smuggle in guns and Mexicans could smuggle in drugs," so what are you Canadians going to donate?
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Lol

We have are hippy social ways and we have our own pot as well.

Edit: Can't forget about our beer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2006, 08:19 PM
    The beer, I knew there was something I could find good with Canada.

But actually the idea of an "American Union" is in the works, sort of in secret but there are government committies and the such working on this idea.

The belief is to have a central ruling court that could over ride the supreme court of each nation if it went against the joint laws of all or was not for the good of the total union.

Next there would be one central money ( I don't really have a problem with that) like the Euro dollar.

But of course it always sounds good to the nation thinking they are going to have their way running it.

Part of the reason many say our own supreme court has been looking outside our own constitution and legal base to world courts ruling on some of its cases.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2006, 08:58 PM
    Fr Chuck,

I agree with you on the money, that is something that is a possibility.

But on the one supreme court you spoke of, to override the other 3 courts….

Where did you read this?

Here in Canada, unlike the USA, the Supreme Court is not necessarily the Supreme Law of the land.

The government can invoke the notwithstanding clause and override any decision the Supreme Court makes (on certain section, like freedom of speech, etc.)

While the Supreme Court of Canada ruled laws restriction abortion to be illegal in 1989, PM Mulroney could have easily enacted the notwithstanding clause to keep abortions illegal.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Neocons wold like to have the North American Union, in my opinion it is only one step to their final goal New World Rule Government, where the people will be puppets on a string to finance the New World Order. Only the Super rich and the bankers will be in power,

The average person will have nothing to say about how government will operate.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 07:09 AM
    They plan to create the new "Amero" money for the new North American Unoin currency. Go to :

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=15017

If you would like to review the plans for all of us living on this part of the planet, since this might be a good time to become aware of them, go to:

www.SPP.gov

Does this mean we will have to watch constant re-runs of the Doug and Bob show... hey? "Were going to Manatoba to become brain surgeons." "Hey!"

Jose can you see, by the borders dim light. The real, new star spangled banner.

By the way, if you will notice on the SPP web site, "Saftey" is the key word here. I'm not scared, are you? Or, should I be scared because they are telling me to be scared? Scared people will do all sorts of drastic things... like give up their freedom to be protected. If I were facing three really big dudes that were about to kick my ***, I can assure you, Dubya Bush and Tony Blair would not be my first choice to fight them with!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2006, 10:22 AM
    This is a done deal already signed sealed and delivered and explains a lot of things we've been talking about here so I hope you Canadians weren't lying about your beer,cause we were not lying about our guns!:cool: :p
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2006, 10:33 AM
    It was on the Radio, that they had a entire series about the American Union, various committess from each nation already meeting and the such.

Now it was on one of those shows "Rush Linbaugh" or "O'Riely" and I was driving down the road, so I could not write down any of their reference material or the such. So I will assume because while they spin the truth in their direction, I have never seen them make stuff up completely.
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jun 6, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Just one little example of the European experience.

A Factory in Scotland had such bad pay and conditons that locals would not work in it. They brought in a full plane load of Poles to man it.

The question is - what are "Hank" and his buddies going to do when they get layed-off from their factory because Jose and Felipe will do the job cheaper??
    Expert

Jun 6, 2006, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=14965

In my opinion, the only way to end many of our current problems such as immigration, is to open all borders and creat a North American Union. Canada, America and Mexico become all one country.

My question is, what will we gain and what will we lose in the process? Will it create more oportunities for the common person? Good or bad?:confused:
    Americans will not work for chump change! Jose wants cable and a brand new suv- so he will get pissed and askfor more. So we will have to get the Canadians to work for chump change and forget the suv! The Canadians have cable and an suv and they have beer! They tell JOSE to screw himself because they have cable ,an suv and beer! Meanwhile the Americans who have an suv,cable, and drink beer with the Canadians tell Jose get screwed. Now Jose who wants cable ,an suv,AND beer says YOU no screw Jose no more! JOSE want cable suv AND beer so he say no more free work without representation!! So after much thought THE HEAD HONCHO of North America say ,OK Jose EVERYBODY gets cable ,an suv, and Canadian BEER! AND CHINESE SAY...
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2006, 09:07 PM
    HA HA HA HA HA HA! You be crackin me up sooo bad man!

Sung to the tune of the star spangles banner:

Jose can you see, cable TV and a new suv?

And the Chinese say, "Everything you want at Walmart, you by beer, TV and and while you enjoy we make more TV for you. Meet my son, his name CHA-CHING."
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2006, 04:34 AM
    People need to understand that the internationalists and
    > globalists who are in control of the White House are working at
    > full steam to create this trilateral North American Union.
    > Furthermore, most of what they are doing is unnoticed and
    > unreported, not only by the mainstream media, but also by
    > so-called conservative watchdog groups.
    >
    > For example, did you know that Mr. Bush is planning to build a
    > "NAFTA super-highway" some four football fields wide from
    Mexico
    > to Canada? He is. Did you know that cabinet level leaders from the
    > three countries (the U.S. Mexico, and Canada) have already been
    > positioned? They have. Did you know that Mr. Bush intends to make
    > everyone within the three countries take the same "passport"
    > (translated I.D. card), which would virtually erase the borders
    > between the three countries? He is. You will hear the facts
    > regarding all of this and more when you listen to my interview
    > with Jerome Corsi.
    >
    > I urge readers to listen to my interview with Jerome Corsi.

Go to
    > http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/Interview_Corsi.html

I wonder why this is not being report to everyone, Mexico, Canada, and the US. I will email my represtatives to try and get a answer.

All in Canada and Mexico, do you want to be part of the US?

Link for those in Canada:

http://www.fac-aec.gc.ca/spp/spp-menu-en.asp
    Expert

Jun 25, 2006, 05:53 AM
    I can't imagine how this one slips under the radar and the news media seems to ignore it . HHHMMMM!
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Check this site out. http://www.democrats.com/node/9267
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 04:56 PM
    magprob, I am not Chuck Baldwin.

I see nothing good from the proposed merger of the three country, Each of these country have their own problems, that will not be dressed if join.

I see only the super rich and Bankers controlling the North American Union, and the people will be the puppets to pay for it.

If is back enough that 52% on wages now go to taxes, income, sales tax property, tax, licensing tax, etc.

When will it end?
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2006, 06:10 PM
    That is exactly true MrYet and, no sovereignty for the States but only for the Rulers! The Sovereign Rulers are positioning for supreme power over their subjects. You do not have to worry about taxes though, you will have nothing left to tax! :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Channal you music/web/ north,east, south, west [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a web were you can lisen to R&B, hip-hop and watever. Secondly have you heard the video on channal you that goes something lyk this at the begging (north,east,south,west) and every one is wearing those t-shirts that say what side there on (e.g north side) and so on. :D I lyk that...

Moving to the Great White North... maybe [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are thinking of moving to Northern Canada next fall to make some money. I'm wondering if it is possible to do this AND take my animals... we won't go without them. I have no idea where I would even get information to do this kind of thing. And has anybody lived in a place with...

Union and non-Union works [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Union and non-union works in a Tool and Die industry? :confused:

Vent/Stack Question from North Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

HELP!! I am new to this so please bear with me: I am building a new house by myself... i.e. no contractors due to cost... I have three levels of bathrooms... all stacked above each other... the way I read the code I can install one stack/vent and if I stay within the "critical distance" I can...

North Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing a book that takes place in North Dakota, near Bismarck. Any information about the area would be helpful, like the landscape, climate, and especially the dialect... What kind of accent do people there have, and what slang do they use, etc. Thanks!

View more questions Search