Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melanie42276 Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Oct 24, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Bipoler meds
    I have been bipoler for 8 years now. I have been on lots of meds but none of them seem to really work eather I'm sleeping a lot or I see no change at all. When I go to another DR. they want to know how the meds are working my answer is always no. How do I deal with it? I have been on a large list of med.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:27 AM

To find a doctor you can truly trust.

A counselor you can believe in.

A friend who is going through the same as you.

Maybe even a support group you can compare treatments and meds with,an ongoing process.

After all, isn't this a lifetime treatment?

The things listed above, I have tried,with limited success,but all have helped me cope with the insanity I go through daily.

I have been on a whole list of meds for the past 11 years too,too many to list. Did any of them work? Sure, some better than others(a lot of them worked without my mind even knowing, understanding that the meds worked only coming clearly in hindsight)

Acceptance is the key to successfully dealing with bi-polar disease.

Want to look at a few sites where bi-polar is discussed, here are some:

Bipolar Happens - Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder - Manic Depressive Illness from Diagnosis to Medications

Discover the Comprehensive, Proven System That's Helped My Mom and Thousands of Other People with Bipolar Disorder Rebuild a “Normal” Life

I have a few more if you'd like.Let me know if these help.

Ken in Illinois.
    melanie42276 Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Oct 24, 2008, 05:51 AM

I live in orlando Fla. And I have medicade and medicare. Where do I go to find a DR. wo will help me? Im so stressed right now and can seem to find 1 place to go and not get turned down.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 12:34 PM

You can contact the county board of health,welfare offices possibly,even the local hospital psychiatric unit,they might have suggestions.

More and more psychiatrists are accepting medicaid/medicare for services,some searching will get results.

Write back soon,

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

Dog ate meds [ 2 Answers ]

My niece called me and said her 3month old terrier mix ate one of her alegra pills. Is there any real concerns for this? Will he show side effects? What to watch for

Old meds. [ 2 Answers ]

If I have 13 caps of cephalexin perscribed to me in 2002 can I take them now for my sines infection?

Divorce, Abuse Bipoler [ 2 Answers ]

[ My name is Liz and I was wanting someone to tell me what to do about an abuseive lover that I'm getting ready to divorce. In 6 months I'll be getting my divorce and I'm not sure what to do I've only been married 6 months. Should I go back and try to work it all out, and try to understand why he...

Dog ate meds [ 3 Answers ]

I left my puppy (5mos) alone for a matter of 1 minute and she got into my pills eating one of my tegetrols. Will this kill her:confused::( :eek: Thank you.

View more questions Search